Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shimano brake hoses and mineral oil
  • keppoch

I bought a secondhand set of Shimano XT M775 brakes, sadly the hose is too short for the back so I need to buy some new longer hose and then bleed so I need the hose and the brake.

The hose currently fitted to the brake has BJ59 printed on it, so I guess they are the same as these BH59 brake hose at CRC

But the CRC description says these are for Deore brakes, will they fit OK?

For the oil where is the cheapest place to buy it? Will I need the litre bottle or will the mini bottle be OK – considering that I have to fill 1.5m of new hose and doubtless spill at bit on the floor.

Cheers,

keppoch.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

LHM Fluid (for Citroen Hydropneumatic Suspension) is cheaper and available from most car accessory shops in 1 ltr bottles. Does the same job.

And…it's GREEN!

nickc

There's more than enough in the small bottle to fill/bleed a front and a back brake from dry. (there's really not a lot of fluid in brakes) It's expensive for sure, but take your time, do it right, and you'll probably never have to do it again, which makes the cost a bit bearable. By all means buy some LHM fluid, but it'll sit unused on the shelf.

Yes it's the right hose, all Shimano brakes use it. Or go Bling and swap from some Goodridge…

Xylene
    Free Member

Check Ebay. I've seen front and back hydraulic hose sets for that price. Might as well keep a spare handy.

keppoch

Cyclo Mineral Oil Would this do the job?

nickjb
    Free Member

Cyclo Mineral Oil Would this do the job?

It would, but you can get a litre of LHM from a motor factors for the same price

molgrips
    Free Member

I think most power steering fluid also.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shimano brake hoses and mineral oil’ is closed to new replies.