• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by benz.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shimano brake hose change and shorten. What at caliper end?
  • benz
    Free Member

Ordered Deore brakes from Merlin – advertised as 1000mm front hose and 1700mm rear.

They have been delivered super quick, but unfortunately the short hose is on the left lever the long hose on the right level – Euro style. 🙁

I knew I would have to shorten and bleed – and there are olives, etc in the box – but will now have to swap hoses too.

Is the hose fitting at the caliper end the same as lever end – i.e I’ll need new olives for caliper ends too?

Thanks.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Is the hose fitting at the caliper end the same as lever end – i.e I’ll need new olives for caliper ends too?

Yup. You’ll need new olives.

Edit: Ignore me, read the OP wrong.

legend
    Free Member

You don’t need to go near the caliper, just swap them over when you go to shorten them

cyclistm
    Free Member

As legend says don’t touch the caliper end. There are some guides about which mean you won’t have to bleed either.

http://www.epicbleedsolutions.com/blog/shorten-shimano-hoses-without-bleeding/

Here you go swapping levers will make it slightly more fiddly but I managed it so it should be easy enough

benz
    Free Member

Duh – of course I can swap the hose at the lever end…. 😳

I do have an Epic bleed kit already ‘though… 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shimano brake hose change and shorten. What at caliper end?’ is closed to new replies.