Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shimano brake adaptors on hope e4s
  • olibluegoat
    Free Member

Just about to put on some hope e4s onto the bike but was wondering if my existing 180mm shimano adaptors will work using shimano rotors

If not then which hope adaptors do i need to change postmount pike fork and post mount frame (160mm) to 180mm

Cheers guys

Oli

ajantom

Should be fine. I use a load of different adaptors from a variety of brands with both Hope and Shimano brakes. Most PM to PM and IS to PM adaptors seem to be pretty generic in size and fit.

andyl
    Free Member

Depends. IS to PM 180mm should be fine but tbh most PM to PM will foul on the caliper body as the piston is set quite inboard. Only ones I have found to work are the Hope ones as they curve away from the caliper.

The older shimano 180 PM to PM with 2 sets of screws should work as it’s different to the newer type that just use one set of longer bolts that dont work.

jim25

And to add to the confusion.
    My newly fitted hope e4’s wouldn’t fit on my 36’s using the specific sized hope mount, I’ve had to use a shimano one and additional washers as spacers!

ajantom

So we have – should work, might work, won’t work.
    Ah, the joys of brake fettling. Always something to scratch your head about!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Don’t make the mistake of using a 180mm or 203mm adapter when your forks are 180 as standard. That messed with my head for a while until I realised I didn’t need a 203 to run 203 but a 183

ajantom

I had that but the other way around. I’d been using Magura Thors for ages, and they’re 180 PM as standard. Then I bought some new Marzocchi 350CRs, which are bigger and burlier in all ways, but for some reason are only 160 PM. Who uses a 160 rotor with a 160mm fork!

kent
    Free Member

Rear will not fit with a shimano 160 to 180 post mount because the caliper is a a different design. I run a 203mm in the front and the shimano 160 to 203 worked okay. In the end I bought hope adapters front and rear.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Which hope adaptors do I need

jamesoz

I would try with the existing mounts, my rear was ok but on the front I had to file a small amount of material from the middle of the bar between the two posts. It took two minutes and with the calliper fitted you wouldn’t know.

submarined
    Free Member

Click ‘Manuals and diagrams’ at the bottom of this page > http://www.hopetech.com/product/mounts/

Likely your Shimano won’t fit. I tried a SRAM mount and a generic mount on my new V4s and had to buy a proper Hope one in the end as the caliper fouled on the mount (200mm SRAM disc on a Fox 36) – Hope said I needed an L mount, their documentation said I needed a K. I ordered a K before they’d replied and it seems to fit 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shimano brake adaptors on hope e4s’ is closed to new replies.