Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shimano bleed nipple replacement/problem
  • Wozza
    Free Member

So I’ve bled my brakes and the front is excellent but the rear bleed nipple never seems to fully seal. It’s not pissing oil out but I think that’s where the air is coming from that makes the brake a little squidgy over time. It’s the one in the picture.

Any tips on how to fix this? Ptfe tape the threads? Or where can I get another bolt without buying a whole new calliper?

Cheers

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Which XT model is that? PTFE tape on the thread doesn’t seem a bad idea. Have you checked the state of the o-ring underneath the bolt? If it needs replacing it shouldn’t cost much.

Wozza
    Free Member

The one in the picture it M775, but the problem is on my SLX set of the same year. I’ve not taken the bolt all the say out. Based on the condition of the hose connector nut I think you could be right. I’ll try the tape on the threads and see if that helps.

Had a bit of trouble finding spare parts, where’s good for this kind of thing?

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Can only find one here (http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/shimano-br-m485-bleed-nipple-and-o-ring-8es-9802-prod18680/) but it’s out of stock.

If it is just the o-ring you Won’t have to buy genuine shimano gear and it will be cheaper.

thepurist

I’d try taking the bleed nipple to a motor spares place – it’s probably a fairly generic part that they can supply for pennies.

Wozza
    Free Member

Cheers all, much appreciated.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Shimano bleed nipple replacement/problem’ is closed to new replies.