Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Shimano AM51 All Mountain SPD Shoes, any good?
  • Zaskar93
    Free Member

I’m considering getting a pair of Shimano AM51 All Mountain shoes (from On-One for £70). I’ve seen one review saying they’re good but does anyone on here have any experience of them? I’ve always had leather shoes/boots before and just wondered about the longevity of Shimano’s synthetic leather. Also what’s the sizing like; I have some MW02 winter boots and even though I am a size 43 normally they are a 46. Any help appreciated.

thegiantbiker
    Free Member
    fastindian
    Free Member

I bought a set of AM31s last year, nice and stiff and comfy, i’m a 43 and bought the same and with summer socks there fine. I only go up a size for winter boots.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Yes.

Zaskar93
    Free Member

Cheers. Gonna try a mates Shimano size 45 winter boots with some regular socks and maybe thin sealskinz to how they measure up.

fastindian
    Free Member

also try my approach, stroll into your local LBS (on a sunday first thing when the weekend staff are in)and try a pair on then tell them the cheapest price you found them on the internet and ask for price match

worked for me, I got my MW80s when they were new out for £95 😯 best bargain I’ve ever got

simon1975

I was really pleased with my AM31’s. Comfy, light, bit of protection, walkable… But now they’re falling apart (rips near toes on both shoes after less than a year).

Will the AM51’s fair any better?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Just got a set of AM31’s for £35 from my LBS, nice!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Shimano AM51 All Mountain SPD Shoes, any good?’ is closed to new replies.