Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shimano AM45 shoes on road bike
  • alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Collecting my first road bike next week.
    I have 510s/vaults for my Capra and AM45/Mallets on the CX bike. I don’t really want another pair of shoes so ideally would like to use the AM45s. What pedals would work on the road bike with these? Is there a reason only to use the road pedals?

Despite have the mallets for over a year I am still shit at clipping in and out

prawny

Mallets would be fine, I tried some 530 SPD’s with AM45s and they were fine, but in the end I went with roadie pedals just because they’re better for putting overshoes on in the winter.

djflexure

Road pedals won’t work with your AM45s – you will need MTB pedals – but they are fine on a road bike. Get some Candy’s then you can use the same cleats. I might even have a spare set.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

I’m using mtb shoes with m540/m520 peddled on a drop handle bike, maybe good to have two pairs for when one pair get a good soaking /muddy from mtb,

I’ve picked up shimano m088 shoes and northwave scorpius for £28-36 new , might be worth considering , have a bit more look of a cycling shoes than the am45s

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Thanks, Are all the CB pedals(not flat) just an eggbeater with a different cage?

djflexure

Think so

prawny

As far as I can tell they’re all eggbeater based

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shimano AM45 shoes on road bike’ is closed to new replies.