Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Shimano 545 pedals
  • Valleyboy123
    Free Member

Hi
    The end cap to one of my pedals fell off the other day, I’ve purchased a replacement set but I’m not sure how it assembles, apparently there is a step by step picture guide on the inter net, i’ve tried some goggle searches but had no luck.

Could some send me a link?

Cheers

Nick

shotsaway
    Free Member

It is really simple. Over the years I have lost the end caps a couple of times on my 545’s.

Remove the spindle, which is a sealed unit. Then fit the new end cap into the cage, with the plastic sleeve and the spring (This can be the tricky bit – From memory one part of the spring clips into a hole on the pedal and the other end clips into the cage). Then fit the retaining screw into the end cap. This is done by fitting the screw through the spindle channel. Once the screw is in place refit the spindle. You don’t need to take the cage off at any stage. It should only take you about 5 or 10 minutes but it might be worth cleaning and lubing the spindle whilst it is out.

See diagram here
    http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/EV/actionsports/PD/EV-PD-M545-1752B_v1_m56577569830608617.pdf

Valleyboy123
    Free Member

Thanks very much

Cheers
    Nick

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Shimano 545 pedals’ is closed to new replies.