Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Shimano 105 and Mavic Crossride Compatibility?
  • monksie
    Free Member

Does anybody know for sure if an 11 speed 105 cassette will fit a Mavic Crossride 29″ rear wheel and if 105 11 speed lever will work with a MTB cassette (if that’s what I need)?
    I hadn’t thought there would have been any problem but a mate has suggested a mountain bike specific cassette is required and that the 105 shifter won’t work with a MTB cassette as the throw and therefore spacings are different between road and MTB cassettes.
    I currently have 11 speed 105 on 700cc disc wheels but I want to change the wheels to Mavic Crossride 29″ wheels but I’d like to keep the 11 speed 105 cassette that I have.

steve_b77
    Free Member

11spd road cassette is wider than 11 spd mtb.

Shifting should be fine as the spacing is the same

monksie
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply. Does this mean that the 11 speed 105 cassette will go straight on to the Crossride wheel and work perfectly or is the 105 cassette too big for the Crossride hub?

simondbarnes

The cassette won’t fit. The wheel will take 10spd road/mtb cassette or 11spd mtb cassette.

monksie
    Free Member

Thank you very much. Back to the drawing board…… or the shop for an XT cassette……

simondbarnes

or the shop for an XT cassette……

The shifter will work but will your mech cope with the dinner plate on the back? Are you running 1 or 2 rings?

monksie
    Free Member

Double chainset. 46 and 34. Nothing is easy, is it? Thanks for your help though.

simondbarnes

One of these should allow that to work with an 11/40 cassette… https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/products/roadlink

P20

I think the wife’s Rose has crossrode 29s on it running 11-32 ultegra 11spd. Will check in the morning. Mavic normally have the spacer on them

P20

Forgot to check this morning….
    Here’s the spec of the bike though, crossrides and road cassette specced

https://www.rosebikes.com/bike/rose-pro-dx-cross-3000-hydraulic-889260/aid:889308

monksie
    Free Member

Thank you both very much for the help. I think I’m going to cut my losses and go for an Ultegra 32 tooth, 11 speed cassette. I’ll run up anything harder than my legs will let me pedal.

simondbarnes

Interesting. That Rose uses a Crossride FTS-X which has a different freehub to the normal Crossride which uses a TS-2 freehub.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Shimano 105 and Mavic Crossride Compatibility?’ is closed to new replies.