Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shimano 105 10sp Chain On a Shimano 10sp Mountain Cassette?
  • walleater

I feel that this question must have been asked and answered a million times in the internet, for for all my searching I can’t find a solid answer based on hard facts “It probably won’t work because of different profiles on the chain plates”….”it will probably work fine because the spacing is the same” blah blah blah. Someone must have actually tried it!

I am in the early stages of building a bike and found a new 105 10sp chain in one of my bins, hence the question.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Not a solid answer but sram chains aren’t specific as far as i know and work fine on both. Don’t see why it shouldn’t work.

martinxyz
    Free Member

On my xt cass and mech 1×10 set up I am currently running a 105 as my xtr is a bit short now for the bigger ring I’m using. Also ran pc951 and a pc971 on the 1×10 and they all work fine.

njee20
    Free Member

The plates are slightly differently profiled to optimise shifting differently, but they’re absolutely cross compatible.

Mackem

I’ve got a 105 chain running on a SLX cassette. Absolutely no bother. (1 x 10 btw)

nickc

105 on my XT 11-36

no bother at all. shifts perfectly

boriselbrus
    Free Member

It will work fine.

Northwind

I’ve got one on the hardtail with an XT rear and Works thick/thin, works fine.

tomd
    Free Member

I had an Ultegra 10sp on XT mountain bike and it worked fine

walleater

Thanks everyone! One less thing to buy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shimano 105 10sp Chain On a Shimano 10sp Mountain Cassette?’ is closed to new replies.