Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Shifting + pedalling stiffer with Zee RD clutch-on. Why?
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

Fit some zee rd in other half bike with narrow wide and slx ispec-b shifter, everytime I turn on the clutch the shifting and pedalling become a bit stiff (ish) than normal.. If I turn it off it all go silky smooth.. I have only tried it in the workstand though.

I have an XT med shadow+ even clutch on/clutch off there is no difference in shifting or pedalling thingy in the workstand or in the trail.. If anybody can shed light on this, i would be really grateful. Many thanks.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Checked the B screw?

Clutch off would be slack enough maybe for it not to have an impact.

Don’t know, but I’ve found when setting up gears if the shifting and pedalling is a bit stiff, often fiddling with the B screw makes it better, and I’ve noticed this more with my X9 Type 2 clutch. Though SRAM clutch is different in that it’s really just always on, or at least you can’t turn it on or off manually.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Fiddled with b-screw as well but has no effect.. The stiff part is only the last 3 biggest cog where it is noticeable enough in the workstand.. However if I shift it back down and up again..it goes back to normal and no stiff thingy… Only when i shift from smallest cog to biggest cog in 1 go (step by step increment)

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Ahhh.. Fixed it..

In case anyone have this issue its the friction band.

Tech: How to Adjust the Shimano Shadow Plus Rear Derailleur Clutch

Everyday is a school day 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Shifting + pedalling stiffer with Zee RD clutch-on. Why?’ is closed to new replies.