Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shifting furniture from Brixton, London to Chester area.
  • Ambrose

I’m trying to help a friend who is living abroad get some of her possessions that are currently in Brixton to long-term storage near Chester.

There are several items, all packaged and ready to go. Total volume is easily less than a Transit. The largest and heaviest items are two Balinese day beds.

Shipley quotes vary from £370:00 to £570:00. Both with ‘no extra fees’ whatever that means, I’ve never used Shipley before.

I don’t have the time available to do the trip myself.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions?

Cheers, Ambrose

simon_g

Try some local man & van places but that sounds OK to me given it’s a 400 mile round trip so easily a full working day of someone’s time.

brooess
    Free Member

city-removals.co.uk

I’ve used these guys 3 times in 2 years for moves around SE London/Kent and they’ve been excellent every time – on time, polite, break nothing. Using the proverbial Romanian/Polish immigrants 🙂

Not sure what they’d charge for long distance – depends on the size of the van they need I guess.

I’m guessing your friend is another exile from silly London living costs?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sharkbait
    Free Member

Ambrose, I’ve got the number of a Chester based guy who does regular trips to London and back – I’ve used him a few times and is good value especially if you can wait until his next trip to London.
    Sounds like it would be a lot less than the shiply prices.
    Email me if you want it.

Ambrose

Cheers Guys, much appreciated.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shifting furniture from Brixton, London to Chester area.’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts