Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 348 total)
  • ShhhhhhSh.. I think the Remainers have finally cried themselves to sleep
  • bongohoohaa
    Free Member

It’s all very amusing from outside. Everyone thinks the UK is a joke country.

Are you in the Principality of Sealand?

mrhoppy

Leave does not have the capacity to execute – those that do are not willed to do so.
    Leave – “Go on get on with it we won!”
    Stay – ” Get on with precisely what ?”

This, the number of times I’ve seen leavers finish with “and the decisions made now so we all need to pull together to make it work.”.

**** off, no we don’t. I will make sure that I’m ok, you need to come up with a feasible proposal as to how this might work.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

very different from being dictated to by unelected **** in Luxemburg.

If only that were true.
    Could you demonstrate how this so called dictatorship functions? Any links? Supporting evidence?

GrahamS

This, the number of times I’ve seen leavers finish with “and the decisions made now so we all need to pull together to make it work.”.

I think that’s part of the Blame Remain tactic.

If it all falls apart they will say “Well if those childish Remainers had just pulled together…”

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

It’s all good for us winners !

Congratulations on your victory.

Can you please tell us what you’ve won? And I don’t mean rehashed lies or vague soundbites about “taking our country back”.

Torminalis
    Free Member

If it all falls apart they will say “Well if those childish Remainers had just pulled together…”

Which is BS. We said it was a stupid plan, now it is incumbent upon the Exitards to show us why we are wrong, not get the rest of us to fill in the gaps in their half arsed, poorly thought out plan.

Dazzle us all, you **** cretins.

bigrich

Are you in the Principality of Sealand?

other countries also exist

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

other countries also exist

Poundland?

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

i have not gone quiet i have simply shifted my focus onto tactical/strategic decisions to protect my family, business and personal life from the decision made by certain elements of society – i am taking the me first **** you approach so the following will happen in my life –
    1. Will not be employing a new bod in the business in October
    2. Will not be buying new hardware/kit for the business this year
    3. Will not be investing in training for the business
    4. Will not be selling my house
    5. Will not be paying building trade tens of thousands to renovate new property
    6. Will be taking above mentioned cash to allow my kids to buy property in a depressed market
    7. Will sit on my pension funds and not spend it
    8. Will not be buying any shiny things for some considerable time
    9. Will be cutting overheads on home business
    10. Will be cutting our day rates to clients to retain relationships

Will be sitting back to see what the hell happens, this is not revenge this is protectionism

thebees
    Free Member

OP here. So looking at most of the responses posted, can I assume that the remainers still have some fire in dem belly ! Bravo, you have more spirit than I gave you credit for !
    What ya gonna do next ? Vote Libdem, start an online petition, tweet something clever, not talk to your mother in law ?
    Your power is awesome. 😀

clodhopper
    Free Member

What are you going to do next?

GrahamS

What ya gonna do next ?

I think you are asking the wrong people!

What’s your plan OP? What are you going to do?

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

And very different from being dictated to by unelected **** in Luxemburg.

You see, this just sounds like a Daily Express headline that doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.

Luxemburg

It’s Luxembourg.

Could you tell me how we’ve all been “dictated to” by “unelected” people in Lucksumburger?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

What’s voting Libdem got to do with anything? I think there’s much that you don’t understand.
    Which, of course, got us here in the first place.
    What are you going to do when the promises that were made to you in order to capture your exit vote aren’t delivered?
    Who’s going to look like the mug then? 😆

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

OP here. So looking at most of the responses posted, can I assume that the remainers still have some fire in dem belly ! Bravo, you have more spirit than I gave you credit for !
    What ya gonna do next ? Vote Libdem, start an online petition, tweet something clever, not talk to your mother in law ?
    Your power is awesome.

You could address our points? Then we could have a reasoned debate, instead of a school-playground argument.

Once more – what have you won, and why is it better than what came before?

matt_outandabout

It’s all good for us winners !

My brother in law voted leave, and has been a tad on the smug side about it. He voted this because he felt that as a police officer Mdme May had lied to them all, and he wanted to get back at her and the Conservatives, as did most of his colleagues it seems.

I am not sure he ‘won’ that one… 😆

I too want to park this thread for 5 years. I think I need to re-visit it like the incessant snow thread… 😉

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Survival plan for me and my wife, is for her to stay in finance in London for two to three years (her job is nicely insulated from this fiasco even if we lose passporting rights and her company is actually making a killing on the uncertainty). She will get her level 3 CFA, then do a masters in something quantitative – Financial Statistics with Programming or something.

I’m going to do my masters soon as well, and then we are going to get up and leave for the United States or Canada.

Then, I’m going to send photos of myself basking next to a pool in the California sun – to my old friend who will be unemployed in the grey and dull North of England after being made redundant from her NHS job.

And on that day, I will allow myself to laugh with schadenfreude for a few moments.

tomhoward

What ya gonna do next ?

Nothing. Because if I do nothing, nothing will happen. Which is what I wanted.

wwaswas

Nothing. Because if I do nothing, nothing will happen. Which is what I wanted.

this.

You want Brexit, you do something.

convert

What ya gonna do next ?

It was a democratic vote and the ****wits won. I believe in democracy so we have to make the most of it. That’s how things work. I am however lucky; relatively comfortably off with plenty of financial protection from what is to come. I firmly believe that when the shit does hit the fan, as it will do, that the least well off in society will get hit first – as they always are. As it was this sector of the electorate that voted out in greatest numbers I will feel entitled to feel less remorse than I would normally do. Squat in your own shit ladies and gents. Also when the government belt tightening starts and pensioners start to feel the pinch as another group that wanted this the sympathy with my in laws and their ilk who are reliant on state pensions and benefits and were staunch breixters will get a lot of ‘I told you so’s’.

Not much more we can do really, apart from hope the government of the day, whatever their flavour, can manage to dig us out of this.

thebees
    Free Member

Tom_W1987, I bet you don’t go. You and your wife have just worked yourselves into a bit of a hysterical lather.

clodhopper
    Free Member

“Nothing. Because if I do nothing, nothing will happen. Which is what I wanted.”

Right, ok, because that’s such a great plan.

Good luck with that.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Tom_W1987, I bet you don’t go. You and your wife have just worked yourselves into a bit of a hysterical lather.

More abuse.

I’ll ask once more, then give up on you.

What have you won, and why is it better for the country than what we had before?

clodhopper
    Free Member

“Survival plan for me and my wife, is… to get up and leave for the United States”

Oh dear. 🙁

tomhoward

See what Tom has there thebees? A plan. A plan, based on facts, that can be put into place an acted upon. Something you, and all the other ‘winners’ seem somewhat devoid of…

spawnofyorkshire

Doesn’t particularly sound hysterical, the complete opposite actually.
    But i wouldn’t expect you to recognise the difference between a plan and a wild stab in the dark judging by your posts so far.

chiefgrooveguru

i have not gone quiet i have simply shifted my focus onto tactical/strategic decisions to protect my family, business and personal life from the decision made by certain elements of society

Exactly. I have a business to run, a family to look after, and staff to keep employed. I can’t waste any more energy on trying/hoping this Brexit mess is fixed. I’m curious to see what actually happens because it certainly won’t fulfil what the Leave crowd thought they were voting for…

tomhoward

Right, ok, because that’s such a great plan.
    Good luck with that.

What are you going to do to change the outcome?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

We will, as she has family in California and can potentially get a green card now if she wants to. Her company is valuable to her for now, though.

I already lost one job due to Brexit uncertainty back in April, my biotech firm moved its laboratories over to it’s Ireland base to make sure that their products could still be sold in the EU – as NICE decided not to buy one of their flagship drugs.

So there’s not much reason for me to stay, Biotech is leaving the UK and we were shitly paid compared to our American co-workers anyway. Had I been able to move internally, I’d have gone from £22.5k to 95k dollars. Which looks more and more appealing as the pound tanks.

matt_outandabout

Oh, I too have a small plan – I need to change my pension investment. Seems a UK invested pension this week is worth 20% less than last week 🙁

mrhoppy

What ya gonna do next ?

Nothing, I’m in a role that’s reasonably insulated from the potential fall out, as is my wife. We are in a financial position that we can cope.

The people I know who’ve voted leave are generally in jobs that are more precarious and don’t have the financial flexibility if things go wrong. Unless things start to turn around quick I can foresee a few of them getting in serious trouble. My sympathy will be tempered by their choices.

jambalaya
    Free Member

We should judge Brexit in 5 years time. I am very optimistic for the future facing the world and not handcuffed to the corpse that is the EU

Oh, I too have a small plan – I need to change my pension investment. Seems a UK invested pension this week is worth 20% less than last week

FTSE 100 is up ? I suspect its being marled down to dissuade you from moving funds about.

spawnofyorkshire

Here you go Jamby

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Since 1975 we’ve put up with decades of people moaning about being IN the EU.

If it’s undemocratic to campaign against the result, we’d never have had the referendum or voted Leave in the first place.

So prepare for decades of people moaning about “leaving” (whatever that means)!

NZCol

One of the problems for me is that as someone who was pretty well informed, or so I thought, theres so many caveats on the EU membership we have (had) that I never realised, we are in a situation that frankly very few people fully understand. We just do not know as there isn’t really a precedent for this (Greenland left I think though). So we are in a situation where we have a self fulfilling prophecy – indecision breeds this. We will no doubt be fiscally worse off, there will be trade agreements and such like but they will not be on our terms any more, they are quite skewed now. My view is the leave camp voted for something, very mch like the utopia of Scotland promised if we voted leave, the fact then was there was no detail and thank the lord we didn’t do it. This is the same gig really in many ways, a lot easier to promise something and then apologise than defend the status quo which may look crap but is probably not that bad compared to other options. Selfishness and being unprepared to put a vote on paper do not absolve you of resposibility.

clodhopper
    Free Member

So TomW1967; you’d move from a country facing economic uncertainty but still with relative social stability, to one already mired in increasing economic failure, increasing inequality and social division, and increasing fear amongst it’s population? I suppose you’d be relatively wealthy, so could afford health insurance etc, but can you 100% guarantee your economic future in a rapidly changing global market?

I admire your optimism, but the USA is the last place I’d move to!

“What are you going to do to change the outcome?”

I voted Remain. This isn’t about those who did, this is about those who voted Leave. We were reasonably ok with the status quo; it’s now the responsibility of the Leavers to show us what plan they have for all of us.

Which hasn’t happened so far.

thebees
    Free Member

Remainers all seem to be a bit fixated on finance (national and personal). Maybe that’s the big difference, you needed to have a middle class mindset to vote remain. Greed being prioritised over principles.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@spawn that’s exactly how I see Remainers blind to the implosion which the EU is facing. As I posted on the otehr thread Remainers are looking at the short term and ignoring the medium and long term economic prospects of the EU

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 348 total)

The topic ‘ShhhhhhSh.. I think the Remainers have finally cried themselves to sleep’ is closed to new replies.