• This topic has 19 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by myti.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • She's turning around….. Or am I too early?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

spring almost upon us, hurra!.

First snowdrops spotted yesterday, and some springlike sunshine too. Bring it on.

jam-bo

It was lovely sitting out the front of my house out of the wind and in the sun.

It was about -2 and still frozen at 4pm out the back.

ps44
    Free Member

I thought that riding last Sunday. I didn’t today 🙁

matt_outandabout
    Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I noticed the Snowdrops coming through in the churchyard at Rivi earlier today.
    I also noticed the black ice & frozen mud when we were riding.Think I’ll be using my winter gloves for a few weeks yet..

iainc

maybe on the Cote du Ayrshire Greg, but it’s still like the frozen Tundra a bit inland 🙂

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The snow drops have been out for 2 weeks with us, and for a lot of that they have been covered in snow and still are

rOcKeTdOg

Snow drops are a winter plant, crocus in bloom means spring around here, still 3 weeks to go, but it’s coming!

ononeorange

First snowdrops appeared in the garden this weekend. At last something living!

takisawa2

Noticed trees budding the other night, on our Beaver Scouts night manoeuvres in the Woods of Doom.

(Ok, it’s a clump of trees on a housing estate, but to a colony of 6/7 yr olds it was dangerous).

flicker
    Free Member

I’m not convinced, I wrote in the snow today at llandegla 😀

julzm
    Free Member

Hmmm….saw snowdrops at Mabie today, in amongst about 12cm of snow and one inch thick ice. I’d love to be convinced that spring is just around the corner, but living in Scotland it’s probably a couple of months away.

scotroutes

Why are folk so keen to see the seasons turning quickly? Celebrate each one for what it is, our time is over too soon already.

butcher

Winter seems to be just starting here up north…

Northwind

I saw some dropped snow today. I kept expecting Dennis Quaid to turn up

sweepy
    Free Member

This is bloody depressing me, Im off out on the skis while it lasts.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Why are folk so keen to see the seasons turning quickly? Celebrate each one for what it is, our time is over too soon already.

I enjoy the transition from winter to spring, as I do the time we head into autumn. I’ll check with you next time mate!.

myti
    Free Member

I’m aching for spring to arrive. Keep finding myself daydreaming about summery moments spent outside. All for enjoying the different seasons but 5 sodding months of winter is too much to bear!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

We’ve not had 5 months, sep and oct were excellent.

myti
    Free Member

I wasn’t counting September but February! Oct was very wet and muddy here.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘She's turning around….. Or am I too early?’ is closed to new replies.