Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • She's too posh to push, so what "push" present for Mrs North?
  • rob2
    Free Member

a spa day or something in about 4 months time.

With two under two my wife would kill (literally I think) for this as it gives her a break.

And some new forks 🙂

puppypower
    Free Member

A mountain of Stilton a ton of pate and some nice red wine do it for me. Plus lots of tlc and help and sympathy.

Oh and not using the phrase too posh to push – lots of women get upset by this especially with all the nct natural birth pressure around

I've had two c sections now (one two days ago). They are not so bad.

roper
    Free Member

I've never heard of a "push present" (what a horrid phrase) but did give my wife an enamelled locket, after our son was born.
    I know it as a tradition to give something like a keepsake, but she seemed to like the locket and still wears it if we ever get the chance to go out and stay awake long enough.

Bunnyhop

I was shocked when my best friend demanded a present from her husband for the birth each of their sons. I didn't realise this was what one did.

However, you are sorting this out yourself off your own bat, brilliant.
    May I suggest a small camera. When she's time and the odd wonderful things happen when you're not there, she can snap away, e.g first smile, first steps etc. Oh and flowers are a must.

Good luck mr and mrs ourmaninthenorth.

Stoner – what's all this about Jnr. Mk11. I thought you had one. Congratulations 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Stoner Jr Jr born 25 July.

Better get the barn finished as we've sold the house and we have to be out in September 😯

Bunnyhop

Stoner – Hope it's going well. You'll have to show us nosy lot at STW some pictures (barn) when you've settled in.

Sorry for the highjack Tom.

ourmaninthenorth

Thanks again all, especially all the good wishes.

puppypower – congrats on your new arrival. Don't worry, I don't consider the whole too posh to push thing to be reaqlistic or accurate. Mrs N was facing a high chance of a section anyway, so the fact the baby is "footling" breech (seems to be the worst kind) means that she's booked in. She's nervous, but it solves other worries.

Pics, gender and a name to follow at the end of the week.

PS I do intend to get Mrs North something, though certainly not through any sense of obligation – it's because I love her.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Get something stupidly indulgent like something from Jo Malone – it will go down a treat.

nonk
    Free Member

The gift might be lost in the joy of the birth, maybe save it for the first time after the birth that you both feel knackered and a bit low.
    might be nice way to give her a lift.
    best of luck to ya.

rOcKeTdOg

My OH says spa treatment or stuff from SpaceNK.com's new mum range

miketually
    Free Member

I mentioned this thread to my wife and she brought up the fact I didn't get her flowers when our eldest was born, 7 years and 8 days ago.

So get her something, or she'll remember that you didn't….

(And congrats to Stoner and Mrs Stoner on number two.)

sniff
    Free Member

You can buy a present anytime so don't bother. Flowers after the event and make sure you help out during the nights – getting your arse out of bed in the middle of the night to make tea and toast for her will get you more biking time than a costly gift.

All the best.

ourmaninthenorth

Good idea for something post event.

And I'll deffo be doing A LOT of helping out. Wouldn't want it any other way… 😀

yunki
    Free Member

hmmm.. I'm not too great a gift buyer myself.. I prefer to take the lass out on the lash for special occasions.. but after the birth of our first child last year I thought it would be a nice touch to get a little something to mark the occasion..

I ended up finding a nice little pendant.. two solid silver hearts.. one large and one small.. one coated in 18k gold.. to symbolise mother and child.. with a nice little message inscribed inside the presentation box..

Mother and Child
    Congratulations on the grand entrance of a new life into this world. These two sterling silver hearts (one bathed in 18kt gold) represent you and your little one and the beginning of a lifelong bond. Wear them often and think of the wonderful adventures ahead for both of you.

She had wanted a new necklace for a while so….
    It did the trick too.. she never takes it off..

sniff
    Free Member

Good idea for something post event.

Works a treat from past experience (2 kids). Oh and there's always something interesting on tv in the early hours like south America footie or old school cartoons – just stay off the freeview p0rn channels!

Yak

OMITN,
    I've never come across this push present idea before and assumed that Mrs Yak didn't expect anything for the birth of our 2. We have had some significant bike related purchases associated with the births though, but rationalised as "i've not had any booze for 9months so in money saved terms that equals a new frame/forks etc.."

So can't really recommend anything, but i'm sure your care and attention to her and the little one at all hours will be much appreciated.

Good luck and best wishes for the birth.

Xylene
    Free Member

Give her nowt, it will just get covered in baby sick and she will lose it from being too tired.

molgrips
    Free Member

Don't try and do the breast pumping thing until you've got it all down, I reckon. Pumping doesn't get the milk production going as well as real feeding, so you can end up with supply issues. No substitute for the baby's own cute lil lips until it's flowing and all working smoothly, I reckon.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

It's a running joke on 'the other forum' I'm on, that one of the best things you can get a woman after pregnancy…cake. 😉 But barring that, I remember thinking that the Simple range of bath products Molgrips bought on one of his 'outings to pick up stuff' was really nice (it didn't irritate any of my…anything) Also the Ceridwyn Cauldron from Lush was lush.
    Remember, the best gifts are something she's been talking about in passing for a awhile, something which shows you've been listening to her. What's she been saying she's really looking forward to 'after the birth?' Any foods she's been missing, which you could make into a picnic?
    Good luck 🙂

TiRed

Eternity ring for the first. Matching diamond earrings for the second…
    +1 for Tiffanys

"You only get one chance to make a first impression" 😆

mrsflash
    Free Member

A hamper full of all the banned things she has been craving for over the last 9 months 🙂

Good luck for Thursday, you two look set to win the race after all, although I can't help thinking it's cheating 😉 Look forward to hearing the good news and finding out what it is.

Puppypower, congrats to you as well!

I am definitely in the fat and fed up phase, raspberry leaf tea and curry for tea every night this week.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Voucher for an uplift day at a trail centre.

'Too posh to push', geddit?

TAXI.

ourmaninthenorth

I like the food hamper idea – she's been craving paté since the morning sickness stoopped. So, something like that might be just the thing.

Necklace also sounds good. but, it can all wait until after the big day and the two of them get to come home. Baby's only a tiddler – wasn't quite 6lbs at 38 weeks – so it and Mrs North will need plenty of TLC.

mrsflash – sorry, it is cheating (a bit), I know. But hope all goes well for you when the little one does arrive. Make sure you or Rich post up news as soon as you can..! 😀

mrsflash
    Free Member

don't worry I'm sure Angela will spill the beans again even if Rich or I don't manage to 😉

mogrim

Flowers on the day, cos they're (relatively) cheap and it shows you've made an effort. With a spa or similar open (undated) voucher tucked in.

Make the most of her being stuck in hospital, it's the ideal moment to smuggle a new bike into the house – if she can have a new baby, why can't you? 🙂

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Only thing with flowers is pollen and the reaction you can have to it…or the baby can have to it. I know I was very sensitive to such things. But lilies and those type of flowers bother me in the first place.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘She's too posh to push, so what "push" present for Mrs North?’ is closed to new replies.