Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • She's finally alive!! (Obligatory Pic Post)
  • GSuperstar
    Free Member

Long story short, got messed about by a company for 2 months, finally got a refund through Paypal Dispute (Thank god)

Went through Wheelbase, absolutely professional and helpful as could be, wouldn’t hesitate in using them again! (Thanks!)

Arrived yesterday morning 9am:

And just about finished after trimming the excess cable. Going to trim the seatpost, and make the tyre logos match up 😉

Intense Tracer 2 Can Am Yellow 2012
    Cane Creek Double Barrel
    Fox Van 160mm 2012 Kashima Coated
    Hope ProII Evo with Stans ZTR Flow Rims
    Shimano Saint Chainset
    Shimano Saint M810 Brakes
    Shimano Saint Rear Derailleur
    Shimano Saint Shifters
    Shimano Saint Front Derailleur
    Shimano Saint Cassette
    Raceface Atlas FR Bars
    Thomson Elite Seatpost
    Thomson Elite Stem
    Hope Headset
    KMC SL Gold Chain
    DMR V12 Pedals
    SDG Saddle
    Maxxis Minions UST

Just my luck Shimano have released a new Saint groupset though! Going to be an expensive year 🙂

the_lecht_rocks

Weight ???

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

What recession!? 😀

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Not sure on weight yet, will try and get that nailed tonight. Comes up lighter than my Alpine 160 did though from the feel.

Use, everything, Natural singletrack, trail centres, northshore and light DH.

xiphon
    Free Member

‘light DH’ LOL

Put a chain device on that thing, and it could smash apart any UK DH track…

GSuperstar
    Free Member

It was more my capabilities on the DH I was putting as light 😉 lol.

The brand new Blackspire chain guide I bought didnt sit well with the Saint cranks, so ended up ditching that idea(scratched it lightly with the bolts so no refund, that’ll be going up for sale soon lol).

I’m put an order in for the Bionicon guide, got to wait a month and a bit though.

allthepies
    Free Member

Nice collection of Orange 5s in the background of pic 2 😉

andylux
    Free Member

+1 pies!

chojin
    Free Member

*drool*

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Ok I’m confused with the Orange 5 remark, I can only presume the rubbish pile in the background?

Although I do like orange 😀

RealMan
    Free Member

That’s lovely, gold and yellow are interesting together.

kayak23

Very, very nice. Even in THAT colour!… 😯
    Oh, and I’d pick up that packing ribbon before someone has a nasty accident.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ok I’m confused with the Orange 5 remark

Filing cabinets!

P20

Nice. Minor thing, seatpost logo is wrong way round

BoardinBob

ooft

*sexpisseverywhere*

binners

That is absolutely luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurverly

wl
    Free Member

What was up with the Alpine 160?

messiah
    Free Member

What no Reverb?

That is lush 😉

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Damn the seatpost! Will have that changed 🙂

Nothing up with the 160, I really loved it and still would ride one. Just fancied something new, loved Intense bikes for a while now and thought I’d treat myself 😀

ononeorange

Surely they’re electrical cabinets?

You have without doubt the most impressive garage / shed that I’ve seen on here. Do you live in a mansion?

atlaz
    Free Member

Yep, those are electrical not filing cabinets. But the doors could easily be made into Fives.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

No it’s my work place which I’m very luckily allowed to keep my bike stuff at 😀

Electrical cabinets they are. Still not sure on the Orange 5 connection though I am aware theyre hated a lot on here 😉

messiah – I am stupidly tempted, I kind of want to see what the Kronolog reviews come out like!

hora
    Free Member

VERY nice. Could I ask how much/where for the forks??

binners

Fork envy Hora? Have you found a set you haven’t bought, complained about, broken (?), then returned under warranty?

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Hora – Not at all, I managed to get the forks for £620 off STW actually, ridden once so I was pretty lucky with them really.

hora
    Free Member

Have you found a set you haven’t bought, complained about, broken (?), then returned under warranty?

Funnily I’ve never returned Fox forks. Ever. Rockshox? **** me just about every single one then given up on them.

wrecker
    Free Member

Very nice. Very nice indeed.

jambalaya
    Free Member

As it’s an Intense I suppose we have to allow the use of Awwwwesome

Lummox

planets paying you too much!

Cracking bike though, looks like you could really get yourself in trouble with that- In a good way!

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Lummox – Is the Planet reference off the boxes? Or do I have an admirer 😉

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Nice bike!!..have you won the lottery? 😀

faz083
    Free Member

lovely

How much did it come to in the end then?

GSuperstar
    Free Member

mojo5pro – Oh how I wish 🙂

faz083 – I absolutely do not wish to work it out!

Hadge
    Free Member

That’s very nice indeed.

Lummox

g superstar i seem to remember from a previous post of yours you mentioned it.

I used to play for London Eci about 3-4 years ago, had a few friends who worked at planet (nick T being one) Of course we were in the Dye camp so there was always that friendly rivalry, actually my old ego was one of the nicest markers i ever shot.

Not sure if we ever crossed paths though

Al (A.B)

dasnut
    Free Member

Saint gear and ust minions seem overkill on a trail bike with 70mm stem, IMO

GSuperstar
    Free Member

That’s a strange thing to say?

As you’ve said yourself it’s a trail bike not a DH Specific ride, so a 50mm stem on ups would be a bit of a let down, whereas a 70mm stem on the downs really doesn’t slow steering significantly.

A 100mm stem and I’d agree slightly with your comment. But I’m not sure why the Saint or Minions would be the basis of your decision?

…IMO 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

That is very nice indeed but man did you go out of your way to make it unecessarily heavy. it’s a bit late now but I can’t imagine for one second that SLX/XT/XTR wasn’t going to be more than up to the job.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

I like saint 🙂

XTR, considered it but I like the ‘longitivity’ of Saint products, they’ve never let me down and weight wasn’t really a concern fortunately.

That bit tougher to the top of the hill, for that bit more fun and confidence to the bottom 😉

mherbie
    Free Member

Nice bike, it’s your money and your bike up to you what you spend it on 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘She's finally alive!! (Obligatory Pic Post)’ is closed to new replies.