Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sherwood Pines Sign Post “Thefts”
  • speaker2animals

There’s a report on BM site this AM that some knobbers are removing the new signage posts at the Pines. If any of you see anything suspicious get it reported guys. As FC note the cost of replacements obviously takes money out of the pot intended for trail development and maintenance.

Some people eh?

I’m going to write to FC to suggest they maybe use concrete signs. Not very desirable but should be more difficult to remove and will have no sell on value. Would suggest steel but the experience of our local parks is that you get t#*ts nicking anything metal for scrap value.

Ain’t living in a civilized society ace eh? Some days I just feel like throwing the towel in.

STATO
    Free Member

judging from previous posts on here its more likely to be disgruntled local riders.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah, there was some bloke on here complaining he wanted to ride them which way he liked last week!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    higgo
    Free Member

Why nick the signs then?
    Why not just ride the pre-existing trails in whatever direction they like regardless of the signs? That’s what I’d do.

Unless the signs are now stuck up the un-sunny end of some pompous twit who told someone off for riding the ‘wrong’ way.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

The ones that have been stolen aren’t sig posts yet though, just tall palin posts about 2m tall-many of which are now blue! The smaller ones that are marking the Kitchener trail haven’t been touched (yet) Think the ones that have been taken have been lifted for resale-you wouldn’t lift them out by hand going by the size of them & they’re also 2m underground, or so I’ve been told.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sherwood Pines Sign Post “Thefts”’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts