Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sherwood Pines Conditions
  • dannybgoode

Good evening all

Could some kind person/persons let me know what the trails are like at Sherwood Pines?

Or suggest somewhere within reasonable driving distance of Sheffield that is reasonably snow free and good to ride at the moment.

Cheers all

Danny B

coopersport1
    Free Member

Well I’d imagine its still covered in snow and ice as it was on Sunday as the temp hasn’t come up enough for it to melt.

Conan257
    Free Member

Sherwood is pretty much weather proof. There’ll be some puddles, the only mud will be around the 3/4 point for a couple of miles.

Worth going now to try out the XC race route from the weekend… That will be nice and muddy though!

cubicboy
    Free Member

The last time that I went after it had just snowed the trail was pretty much unrideable. The snow was pack so hard that it was more like a toboggan run. That said, the race at the weekend has probably turned it all to mush. Personally I’d wait for somebody who’s been there today or yesterday to chime in.

njee20
    Free Member

The course was muddy on Sunday, but stayed rideable. It was pretty dull though – but then most of the Pines is! Was only the snow that kept it good.

satchm00
    Free Member

Could some kind person/persons let me know what the trails are like at Sherwood Pines?

Buy a fat bike then go eat snow on any trail! 😆

Hmmm yes Sherwood pines slightly up, slightly down, very pedally with a fair few boggy bits. Glad I did it but I won’t return just a bit boring all round.

Ignore my negativity go ride it and make your own mind up but go when its a lot warmer and drier maybe take a bbq or something to make a day of it. Nice area for the family and kids but its no Cannock Chase or Glentress.

jmason
    Free Member

Can’t comment on the pines itself but I only live a mile or 2 away and the snow has more or less cleared today. I imagine its boggy, but then again it’s always boggy

Duffer
    Free Member

Rode it on Monday – loads of snow and ice in areas covered by trees. Areas not covered by trees were a quagmire.

It’s not the most interesting of trails, but the bad conditions make up for it! We did a lap in 1hr 17mins, which is probably one of the slowest we’ve done, but one of the most enjoyable!

chillnflow
    Free Member

Anyone been to Pines today, how was it?

colournoise

Bump. Thinking about heading up to Sherwood tomorrow. Anyone ride there today and can report on conditions under wheel? Cheers.

cnud
    Free Member

Fine and dry, if a little chilly. The odd puddle to traverse on the Kitchener but nothing major. Dirt jumps and *ahem* bike park all good.

colournoise

Thanks. Sounds good for a spin round tomorrow then.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sherwood Pines Conditions’ is closed to new replies.