Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sherwood Pines – any good?
  • TomZesty
    Free Member

Thinking about going tomorrow, whats it like? Think it will be at least an hours drive from me so just checking if its worth it. Cheers.

ChrisA
    Free Member

probably really quite muddy at the moment.

Where are you coming over from?

Pook

Yeah it’ll be muddy. It’s ok.

Spud

Alright when dry and dryish, but if a mudfest horrible.

james
    Free Member

An hour away?
    I’m guessing (and merely that) unless you live in lincolnshire, then at least one of Cannock Chase, Dalby Forest, the Peak District are closer?
    I’d go to one of those if it were me

MoreCashThanDash

Loads of people will slag it off as it isn’t a Scottish or Welsh style black run rocky tech fest.

Given that it was built in a fairly flat part of the world which limits the potential in some respects, it’s actually quite a good place for a blast through the woods, though prone to being muddy after prolonged wet periods – like the middle of February.

Not been there for a few months myself to comment on it’s present condition, but accept that it is a singletracky trail through the woods and decide if that is your thing or not as to whether it is worth travelling to.

Also still quite a lot of unoffical singletrack trails if you look out for tyre marks heading into gaps in the trees.

TomZesty
    Free Member

Im from Barnsley, so Peaks are closer, I was just thinking of a change. But if its slow and muddy I’ll wait until summer I suppose. Cheers for feedback anyway!

will
    Free Member

At the moment it is quite fun, made some nice changes with new additions. Yes it will be wet but if you fancy a change then give it a go.

You can also explore off the official route and there is some great trails there.

MartinGT
    Free Member

Its crap and being half term it will have kids around it.

Stay local.

Basil

Went Satuarday.
    Everywhere muddy.Part of the Red is closed.
    Has a bike park with mini DH and some dirt jumps.
    We use it to take newbie’s into the woods!
    Good and easy fun.

mildred

Im from Barnsley, so Peaks are closer, I was just thinking of a change. But if its slow and muddy I’ll wait until summer I suppose. Cheers for feedback anyway!

I’m from Barnsley but now live local to Sherwood Pines; stay local – if Sheffield side go Wharncliffe, if Cudworth side go Grimethorpe woods. Both are far Far FAR better than t’pines.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sherwood Pines – any good?’ is closed to new replies.