Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sherwood Pines And Beyond
  • scandal42
    Free Member

Thinking of heading to Pines early on Friday morning for a good blast on the SS. Anyone know what condition it’s in now, is it still a mudbath when it rains or have the trails improved?

Also I was hoping to add on some miles on top of the red route in the surrounding tracks, would anyone have a half decent route in a GPX file?

Thanks

andeh

Rode on Saturday, was about perfect, very little mud even in the dark woods. That said, it pissed it down all last night.

As for off piste stuff, here’s a hint, but there’s plenty to explore on your way around, particularly near the old dirt jumps….hope you can make it out from that?

Strava

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

On Sunday evening after heavy afternoon rain I rode it on a 1991 Orange Clockwork in my best coat and trainers; I and it got covered in mud despite trying to avoid most puddles. Something we’ve not done together for about 15 years. half way round the bike suddenly felt less rubbish as I adapted to the road bike geometry.

It was a nice blast but unless I was staying near it (Centre Parcs near) I don’t think I’d bother really.

I did see some full face helmets on the Saturday on a red section. I don’t think you’ll need one.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    njee20
    Free Member

The race course for the XC race on Sunday was a absolute mud bath, don’t think that used any of the marked trails though. I wouldn’t hold out much hope for the rest of the trails.

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

Yes it was but didn’t affect the red. Although, such was the mess you won’t have trouble following the race route should you want to explore that.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

There are also a few bridle ways if you want to up the mileage & not bothered about the Gnarr factor (which you can’t be if you’re heading there!)
    Fireroad out forwards centre parcs the BW on your left, L/R dog leg at the road, follow the signs along the river & head up towards the Major Oak etc. depending on what you’re looking for

dirtyrider
    Free Member

It holds up quite well in the wet, however there is a couple wooded sections that rarely even fully dry in summer, that will be a shit fest

I think you can get over to Clumber Park from the Pines off-road

scandal42
    Free Member

Just looking to get some miles in, might just stay localish and ride from the door, can put something better together and tag Hicks lodge in the middle, which is fairly similar riding.

Will keep the above in mind for future though

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ive got In Laws who live in Edwinstowe. I have always cycled up the main road to get up to pines, is there an off road way then… not that it makes much odds as its only about 1.5 miles.

I like the red. Quite often do it as a double loop. Trying to do it as fast as you can without actually slowing down on the second time round is actually ‘fun’ IMO.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Yes you can from Edwinstowe, back of the football pitch takes you onto the bridleway along side the river Maun, either way & follow your nose will get you there off road

MadPierre

I can probably dig out a GPX if you email me. It’s an easy and fairly obvious route out the bottom end of Pines along the old railway trail to Bilsthorpe – then a short bit of road north – then through Cutts Wood – then through Rufford (cheeky) – round the back of the carting – short bit of woods near Centre Parks – bridleway down to Edwinstowe – by the river as mentioned above to pick up Sustrans route into back of Pines then as much of Pines as you like to complete the loop….

wormishere
    Free Member

Hi scandal42,

How did you get on? I am visiting that way soon and was thinking of having a blast around. Did you ever get a good GPX file?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sherwood Pines And Beyond’ is closed to new replies.