• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by phead.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Sherwood Pines accommodation
  • ruggerbugger
    Free Member

A friend & i(& sons) are heading upto sherwood pines on Saturday evening & riding sunday. Does anyone know of any good accommodation in the area. Not fussed if it’s B&B/travelogde, etc. bike friendly would be good but not essential.

Thanks 🙂

fr0sty125
    Free Member

All I can say is that place is not worth staying overnight for even if it’s free…

Can we assume you/friend/sons are either beginners, or young?

If none of the above, keep driving for another 45 mins

MoreCashThanDash

Sherwood Pines makes great use of it’s limited topography, and is great, if not that technical, singletrack riding, with lots of good stuff off piste.

That may not be “gnarr” enough for you, as some people seem to have issues with the fact apparently 🙄

Can’t recommend anywhere that’s close, but wherever you end up, make sure you lock away your bikes out of sight.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Glitch bump

monkeychild
    Free Member

Pines makes great use of what they have like Mr cash said. I’m not sure I’d travel a distance just for it though.

jono84
    Free Member

I like sherwood its about a hr an a half drive for me as others have said, centerparcs is next door if you were to make a weekend of it but other than that id be searching google for local b and bs

MoreCashThanDash

About an hour and a half for me as well. On a bike. Quite a lot of it off road. 🙂

Only got the energy to do a lap of the cafe before I have to head back home though. 😐

mjr31
    Free Member

http://www.sherwoodforestlodge.co.uk This is just down the road, right next to national cycle route 6 that goes into the park.

h4muf
    Free Member

Lol! it’s 45 square miles of singletrack.

I can see why no-one likes it 🙄

Spud

National Trust at Clumber Park have a campsite and pods. Details of their website. Else it’s be somewhere in Mansfield if think.

Lol! it’s 45 square miles of fairly flat singletrack.

I can see why no-one likes it someone might think there is much better riding just up the road

FTFY

Taken in it’s own right, SP may be perfectly fine.

However, in the context of someone travelling to get there and considering how close the Derbyshire Dales/Matlock area and the Peak are, then maybe it doesn’t stand up quite so well

h4muf
    Free Member

We’re talking about Sherwood Pines though. Seriously can get lost all day in there, can’t quite understand all the bad press.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Thought sherwood now do ‘pay and display’ camping now?

Might be wrong though!

phead
    Free Member

Theres always http://www.stayatbridleways.co.uk/, about 10 mins ride from the clipstone side entrance.

Remember that sherwood pines is not the whole area, you have old sherwood , clumber and all inbetween + plenty of other routes west and east of the forest areas.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Sherwood Pines accommodation’ is closed to new replies.