Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sherwood Pines
  • andybanks
    Free Member

Has anyone ridden there recently?

Staying in the area and wondered if they’ve still got a Gruffalo or Super Worm trail to occupy the kids whilst I have a ride?

rone

They’ve got the gruffalo and superworm.

Was dry two days ago, we just got a heavy downpour yesterday so will be the odd puddle but hopefully it’s all drying again now.

andybanks
    Free Member

Thanks Rone

We’ve been down here since Monday so am hoping to get a couple of days in across there once it dries out. Next 3-4 days look clear.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

It was absolutely bone dry when I rode it on Saturday, to the point where it was incredibly dusty with a couple of hairy moments!
    They have changed a few bits there, few more swoopy bits and the more boring open parts have been replaced with berms made from compacted road stone which is nice.
    The recent down pour should make it perfect by thurs, fri 🙂

andybanks
    Free Member

Great conditions today. Almost dry everywhere, except some patches that looked like they’d never dry out even in mid summer.

Kids loved the gruffalo trail yesterday as well when we took them around.

Thanks for the info guys.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

what the chuff is the gruffalo and super worm trail?

andybanks
    Free Member

It’s a walking trail for kids

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I was up there this morning and, aside from a little bit near marker 16 on the red route, it was bone dry.

Woke up at 4:50 (damn coming off a run of long days!) so thought I’d do something other than watching rubbish TV whilst waiting for OC Home Front to awake. Got up there for 0730 and battered around it on my newly-built, singlespeed Dialled Bike Love/Hate. Got away just as the masses started to arrive and still had lots of day to do ‘family things’ in.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Up at ‘The Pines’ again today and whilst it’s very dry just about everywhere, there are a fair few areas shut off for forestry work.

More seriously though, the serving hatch at the café is out of use due to the decking being replaced or something on that side.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Anyone know why they did away with the big wooden raised walking bit, my kids used to love that

xyeti
    Free Member

NOOOOoooooo, My son will heartbroken, he used to love running round on there, to be honest I used to love running about on there, middle of winter was best when there weren’t that many people there, we once went on Boxing Day and had an impromptu picnick there with the little un up in one of the tree house bits,

Are there any plans to replace it or has the Go-ape thing taken over,

I used to ride there about 20 years ago when there was a little wash down point by the wall near the bike shop in the iso container, there wasn’t a trail there then it was linked together by paths and trails, I went back about 5 years ago and noticed that ther trails we used to use were used but in a kinda reverse order, nice little loop of pedally trail that I can never remember riding in anything but gloop

allan23
    Free Member

Checked back on the Facebook page, the old boards were getting a bit past it. They’re planning a replacement structure to be started in the Autumn.

FC Facebook Pages are pretty good. Usually worth following to see what they’re doing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sherwood Pines’ is closed to new replies.