Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 166 total)
  • Sherlock
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Self indulgent twaddle, or Pumpysniff Bumblethrutch* at his finest?

Moar silliness.

allthepies
    Free Member

Bendandsnap Cottagecheese FTW

Onzadog
    Free Member

Bukkake Frumblesnatch

drlex
    Free Member

Bandyleg Thunderbox

martinhutch

Muffintop Cankersore

RustySpanner

Bendy Cummerbund.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Blander than Cummerbunds

wallop

Benderstretch Humperhatch

cyclelife
    Free Member

Bendydick cuminsnatch

wallop

😆

Spin
    Free Member

Cunedict Bemberbatch.

wallop

It’s all a bit dull, isn’t it?

burgatedicky

Have to confess it’s not doing a lot for me either

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Weak plotting. Tremendous overacting. Nice reference to the original Six Napoleons story. THe US Sherlock Holmes program Elemental is better.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I liked it, but think it needs another watch to get the best from it.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Yet another out of the blue culprit paired with the world’s most amateurish dying last words scene ever. Fact.

The storylines are utter tosh and a real missed opportunity for great family tv.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That was a bit “Quantum of Solace” for me. Not the greatest, but it felt like it was necessary to kick off the series.

Agree on the Napoleons reference, though. Clever.

nick1962
    Free Member

Literally,put a shilling in the lighting meter ffs.

sweepy
    Free Member

shite if you ask me, the show, much like the main character, is not as clever as it likes to think.

molgrips
    Free Member

Disappointed somewhat. I want to see crimes being solved by a smart arse, not watch a soap.

701arvn
    Free Member

Disappointed somewhat. I want to see crimes being solved by a smart arse, not watch a soap.

Exactly. Dr who went the same way.

CountZero

Exactly. Dr who went the same way.

Yeah, Sylvester McCoy was pretty rubbish, still it’s lot better now.

molgrips
    Free Member

Dr who went the same way.

Yeah, then they started on the hard drugs.

Still the Christmas special was a bit of a return to the older style, and included some hints that it may represent a change of direction.

CountZero

Actually, Dr Who was pretty rubbish after Patric Troughton, Pertwee was camper than a Boy Scout jamboree, Tom Baker was OK, but it basically sucked after him.
    Actually, thinking about it, it went downhill after William Hartnell, it’s only now that Capaldi’s playing the Doctor that it’s really starting to get somewhere.
    I’m showing my age, aren’t I?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

So, 3rd brother?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Glad I recorded it then, seems like you lot didn’t like it.

Stoner
    Free Member

utter bilge.

And only a few hours earlier I had been enjoying this so much more:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00cm07d

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I loved series 1, thought series 2 was quite good but found series 3 to be full of terrible overacting and attempts to be clever. I too prefer Elementary.

colournoise

wysiwyg – Member
    So, 3rd brother

Possibly, but Toby Jones doesn’t share the physical build of Anecdotal Slumbersnatch or Mark Gatiss…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Oh DO lighten up, you miseries.

I love trying to second guess this stuff. The only one I managed to predict was the identity of “the English woman” after Lady Whatsername said it wasn’t her.

It’s a bit camp and a bit over-twiddly on the plotting but so what? It’s not pretending to be Shakespeare.

Suspend your disbelief and enjoy it’s compact own universe. If you want reality there’s always the News and don’t we just need the occasional escape from that horrorshow right now?

deluded
    Free Member

Preposterous contrived bullshine badged up as Sherlock Holmes. Cucumberpatch playing Cucumberpatch as he does in all things he appears.

oldnpastit

They put a “tracker” in her USB stick.

But surely the battery in there would have been so tiny that it would only have lasted a day or two at the most.

(And I think you would also struggle to get a sensible length antenna in there as well).

And that’s assuming it doesn’t have GPS, which would make it completely impractical.

But without GPS you would have to rely on IP geolocation unless you could persuade all the telcos in the countries she visited to hand over base station information, more-or-less in real time.

So I find it quite hard to believe.

Not helped by the terrible over-acting and implausible plot lines.

allthepies
    Free Member

And knew exactly which hotel in Marrakesh she was headed for and managed to get there in advance.

IHN

It was alright, it is becoming a bit of a parody of itself though.

Martin Freeman is quietly one-upping Baldrick Thrustersnatch in the acting stages too I reckon.

IdleJon

And knew exactly which hotel in Marrakesh she was headed for and managed to get there in advance.

And when the guy went to get tea he didn’t comment “Mint tea, Moroccan whisky” with a big grin, as every single Moroccan is legally obliged to. It’s like they’ve never been there. 🙂

martinhutch

Nice jolly filming about 20 different foreign locations for her ‘travel montage’ I wonder how much that cost per second of transmitted footage.

The introduction of Mary, possible the least plausible secret agent mega ninja ever, was the ruination of the last series, so the episode at least had a good conclusion and some hope for the future.

It was turning into a more expensive version of Spooks.

As above, smartarse solving mysteries is what we need.

kayla1
    Free Member

It was… alright. Mary was annoying. And yes, Elementary is better and Jonny Lee Miller is a lot easier to look at than Bunberry What’sischops.

IHN

Nice jolly filming about 20 different foreign locations for her ‘travel montage’ I wonder how much that cost per second of transmitted footage

I think someone’s been sucked in by the magic of television.

martinhutch

Wasn’t that magical, to be honest. 😀

Bazz

I enjoyed it, still prefer the old Granada tv series though, and having got Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s complete works for Christmas i shall mostly be reading the adventures this year.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘Sherlock’ is closed to new replies.