Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shell Drivers' Club and CO2 Reduction
  • GrahamS

So I've been doing a fair bit of driving recently, so to slightly offset my middle-class CO2 guilt footprint I joined the Shell Drivers' Club and elected for my points to be donated to CO2 Reduction Projects.

I just got my statement in. £17.50 automatically donated means I can look my polar bear in the eye again.

But… a the bottom it says: "This quarter, we’ll be donating £5667.50 on behalf of Shell Drivers’ Club members to a range of projects, including renewable energy and industrial greenhouse gas emission projects".

Really? Just five and a half grand? That's not exactly a world changing amount.

Does that means there is only roughly 323 other folk in the country doing this??

freddyg
    Free Member

😳 I get mine changed into money-off fuel vouchers. Sorry Mr P. Bear.

EDIT: <guilt> I might actually change as I get very little in return. A couple of pounds every couple of months.</guilt>

Junkyard
    Free Member

SO disappointhed in you grahamS Shell 🙄

The oil giant Shell has agreed to pay $15.5m (£9.6m) in settlement of a legal action in which it was accused of having ­collaborated in the execution of the writer Ken Saro-Wiwa and eight other leaders of the Ogoni tribe of southern Nigeria.

The settlement, reached on the eve of the trial in a federal court in New York, was one of the largest payouts agreed by a ­multinational corporation charged with human rights violations.

You are not part of a Nestle loyalty card as well are you?

GrahamS

SO disappointhed in you grahamS Shell

I know, but what you gonna do? Not many multinational oil giants are exactly Fair Trade Certified.

jd-boy
    Free Member

Get mine changed to Airmiles HaHo

Junkyard
    Free Member

not many have bene so involved in murder though.
    I agree it is a bit like picking the least offensive mass murdering dictator but it is not Shell

coffeeking
    Free Member

I buy shell too, because they're the only people that make the nice gogo juice my planet killing car needs (vpower). I could de-tune it but that would be no fun, and I'd have no internal conflicts to keep me awake at night!

GrahamS

coffeeking: there is a separate V-power club so you can earn extra sad polar bear offset points.

coffeeking
    Free Member

oooh, excellent, my own special club – I'll have to switch! Thanks for that! I want to give more to polar bears, they're cuddly looking 😀

Yetiman
    Free Member

I buy my fuel from Shell AND shop at Tescos……..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shell Drivers' Club and CO2 Reduction’ is closed to new replies.