Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sheffield's Leafy suburbs
  • Moses

Mrs M & I are going out for the night in Sheffield next week. We live in Bristol, so hardly know the place.
    We want to park our camper van in a nice quiet safe area fairly close to public transport, take the bus into town, bus or taxi back and sleep soundly without being too disturbed. Can anyone recommend a suitable street or area, preferably on the west side of town?

matt_outandabout

Hathersage.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Lol at Hathersage, yet I fully agree.

Pook

Fulwood. Avoid Broomhill (students). Though having said that, they’ve all cleared off home now so you might be able to have a word with the security guards at Ranmoor Student Village to see if you can dump it in the car park.

Tapton House Road maybe

tapton house road

TheFlyingOx

Bingham Park Crescent. Right at the bottom, next to the park. 5 minutes walk to the buses on Ecclesall Rd, nice and quiet fire for when you get back.

Edited for your peace of mind…..

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

+1 for Fulwood

(PM if you like, I live there and my street is very quiet)

Although with regard to the student areas – I don’t think these places are prone to vandalism in particular, more that your camper might have a traffic cone on it when you return…

Moses

Thanks, all – that’s very helpful.
    RRR, I’ll pm you for the street name if that’s OK

ourkidsam
    Free Member

A couple slept in a campervan outside my house for a couple of nights. I think it was cos their friends lived on the street. I wouldn’t have parked there, its on a massive hill

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Moses – yep no probs

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Christ… what’s Meersbrook like these days?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Replied and vague map attached!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sheffield's Leafy suburbs’ is closed to new replies.