Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • sheffield on friday – where to camp/eat/ride?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i'm in sheffield on friday (rother valley area) having my van camper converted and then again sat morning for an hour for the rr bed fitting.

hopefully on friday will be finished mid/late afternoon, so can anyone recommend me somewhere to head for out of the city – maybe up to 40mins drive – for an evening ride (up to 2 hrs ideally) and maybe also a campsite (walkable to decent pub would be ideal) to park the van overnight?

during the day itself i'm carless, can anyone suggest something in sheffield itself to do – galleries/cafes and such like?

Pook

Camp – edale. Google sites and amazing riding in the area.

Graves art gallery in the centre currently has a comedians exhibition, and there's lots of snooker related stuff going on too.

Enjoy!

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

yeah – just head to edale/hope/castleton area and you'll find somewhere to pitch up…

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

whats the best way to get into the peak district on a friday afternoon from the wrong side of the city – straight through the city centre?

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

if you dont know the area too well then yeah – just follow the a57 and be prepared for a bit of traffic, but its not too bad normally.

otherwise i normally go london road – abbeydale road – fox house. seems to be a bit quicker…

HansRey

take a train. I'm not sure if there are any near you, but you could get a train from Rotherham-Sheffield- edale/hope/ hathersage (it's upto you)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘sheffield on friday – where to camp/eat/ride?’ is closed to new replies.