• This topic has 103 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DWH.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)
  • Sheffield clubs & regular rides
  • thepodge
    Free Member

any one know any clubs or regular rides in Sheffield? the beer belly is starting to become a bit more obvious and I've not ridden in over 2 months because my mates are always busy or cant be arsed so I figured its time to link up with some different people.

Looking for something around a couple of hours to start with, no epics till i'm back up to fitness.

matthew_h
    Free Member

There's a group of us who have a regular Wednesday night ride and often weekends too. Send me an email if you want, matthew@screamingjaffa.co.uk

thepodge
    Free Member

you got mail.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Though I'm feeling a little self-conscious and outcasted after asking similar on here a while back and getting dismissed, if you fancy a play around Wharny some time give me a shout.

sprungsevenAThotmail.com

thepodge
    Free Member

you got mail too

Mistere
    Free Member

Sheffield University Cycling Club

Not much going on at the minute, what with them all being layabout students with three months holiday, but come october there's regular rides every wednesday and sunday.

On the other hand there are a few people around over the summer, have a look at the forum through the link above.

cp

hmm, i'd be up for a bit of local group riding too – certainly going into the winter 🙂 I had a similarly bleak response earlier in the year!

thepodge
    Free Member

I'd never thought about the Uni stuff, I'll drop them a line too.

CP, there are a couple of people interested so we should all do something.

DWH
    Free Member

I'm based in Chesterfield and I'm interested in regular group rides too.

DWH
    Free Member

If anyone is still interested in Sheffield / Peak District rides there is this thread on BM.

Hope at 19:00hrs on Thursday.

18bikes

could this link in with us as a shop thing- we looked into guided/led rides, but it's far too much faff! Meet at the shop, one of us might manage to ride too (it's late opening on thurs til 8)

Open to ideas?…

Si

DWH
    Free Member

How are you getting on with my Surly frame and the wheels Si?

Pook

on FB? look up broken spokes

DWH
    Free Member

FB?

Pook

Facebook.

Is Beighton All Terrain Squad (BATS) still going? That's who I first started MTB'ing with back in 1991.

tracknicko
    Free Member

umm perhaps not the uni, i struggled to ride with them when i attended. try gravity-slaves forum, that's sheffield based and has a regular (twice weekly) night ride at this time of year.

bit of banter of course but lovely folks.

im always riding (too much time on my hands?) though off injured until about jan (just getting back into road biking) happy to ride with you/introduce you if you like? send me an email or summink.

Pook

And Podge, i'm up for that Walkey blast anytime – one about a night ride over Derwent edge tomorrow too

will
    Free Member

sheffield hallam has a good cycling club, all abilities and types of riding, try them. Although i'm crap advert for them, i prefer riding on my own lol

Pook

Will, maybe I should organise another STW meet eh?

si-wilson
    Free Member

I might be up for a ride as i am a Chezzie lad! Trouble is i'm not always around, what with the job and stuff….

thepodge
    Free Member

Pook, might be able to make it out on a weekend but due to new job over in Stockport, evenings are no go for a while. plus i still have no lights.

I came across these guys, http://www.sheffieldfridaynightride.org.uk/ keep meaning to go along but struggle to make it back to sheff in time.

will
    Free Member

Think that be a good idea Pook. If it's Sheffield riding then only weekend for me i'm afraid!

May i suggest the Beast and Cavedale, and we'll work a loop in around there 😆

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Jackthedoog that was me wasnt it sory about that , was doing my dissertation and didnt really go riding apart from the odd hour in the day.

DWH
    Free Member

Tonight at 19:00 in the car park opposite the garage in Hope for a two hour loop.

skiprat
    Free Member

Pook, if you sort a ride out let me know. Weekends no probs. Is it worth trying Sheffield/Peak ride this time?

jackthedog
    Free Member

I'd join that ride tonight if I had proper lights.

Will join that friday night bike ride thing posted by Podge though, looks interesting.

will
    Free Member

Peaks at this time of year are brilliant fun. Infact the peaks at any time of teh year are brilliant fun!

skiprat
    Free Member

Ride – Peaks 21/22 Nov? Anyone free then or around then?

Free Member

I ride with a few people mostly at weekends now, but there is usually a tuesday and thursday night ride going on too when I'm free and can make it – usually based out in the peaks.

Pook's a good chap and always up for a giggle with some good riding!

Same applies to ROFL Harris/Rob and his 'gang of merry men' (to which I unashamedly admit to riding with regularly/being part of)

Sort out liking a drop of single malt, cake, coffee and having a bit of banter and a few quid for some mid-ride food and youll be right.

jt

thepodge
    Free Member

As i drive through the Peak twice a day i really should get some lights so i can stop off and do a ride

jackthedog
    Free Member

Ride – Peaks 21/22 Nov? Anyone free then or around then?

Bit far in the future but I should imagine I'll be up for that.

skiprat
    Free Member

I know its a while away jack, but thought we'd need that long to sort a route out (and i have to fit a bathroom and stuff over the next couple of weekends) Also thought it will give us time to get a good group together.

ChrisF
    Free Member

Just a heads up for a night ride from Hope on Thursday:

Thursday 5th – Fireworks launch site Whinstone Lee Tor. Meet in the car park in Hope for 19:00, make our way to WLT via Roman Road, Hope Brinks, "Roller-coaster". Across the dam. 'Easy' way up WLT. Launch rockets, eat cake, Return via East side of Derwent res., old railway line and the lanes to Hope.

bikemagic forum

All welcome.

DWH
    Free Member

Bump.

Tonight 19:00hrs from the car park in Hope.

Pook

how do all – I'll get something sorted –

how's about Dec 5th?

skiprat
    Free Member

Pook, how you fixed for 21/22 Nov? Looking to ride out in the Peaks? Don't know where yet but open to ideas??

Pook

Down in Bristol unfortunately.

15th, 27/28, 4/5 all good. And evenings, but not Tuesdays

skiprat
    Free Member

Do you want to look at the 28th? Big ride out if we can sort it? Am on a course next week and the another week in Dec so 28th would be a good one to aim for? Joined you on "Broken Spokes" the other day so will try and get riding out with you during the week too.

DWH
    Free Member

Bump.

Thursday night, Hope – 19:00hrs.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Sheffield clubs & regular rides’ is closed to new replies.