Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Sheets. They have to be white, right?
  • DrRSwank
    Free Member

Watching telly of late I’m amazed by how many people have coloured sheets for their beds. It’s wrong.

You need plain white, Egyptian cotton, preferably a good thread count.

How many of you sleep in nylon nastiness? Impractical isn’t many.

kayak23

Any colour except white here…

chewkw
    Free Member

DrRSwank – Member

Watching telly of late I’m amazed by how many people have coloured sheets for their beds. It’s wrong.

You need plain white, Egyptian cotton, preferably a good thread count.

How many of you sleep in nylon nastiness? Impractical isn’t many.

If you doing the washing for me yes by all means have all the whitest of the white sheets for the beds.

But … If I can buy a black colour sheet I would …

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I have deep red cotton for entertaining the ladies… 8)

White shows the man sweat

zippykona

I have fond memories of the orange nylon ones I had as a kid in the 70s.

wallop

White only.

bruneep

black satin here

hammerite
    Free Member

They can be any colour the OH decides to put on the bed. Not my department, I just sleep there.

samuri
    Free Member

Totally. All I do in bed is sleep and have sex and I do both with my eyes shut and my imagination running wild so they can be any colour she likes.

Mugboo

Depends if your sleeping on it or burning crosses…

tomhoward

As long as its Egyptian cotton, I couldn’t care less about the colour!

nealglover
    Free Member

Don’t care about the colour either. But high thread count Egyptian cotton is preferred.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Only the nicest of bed sheetism whatever that maybe, but mine are the most expensive and nicest available. The only caveat is that they must match the appearance of my Miele, Audi, log burner, stove, Aga.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Really the colour is important? Must be single men or fond of musical theater.

SWMBO is the only person in our house that would be able to tell you what colour sheets were on a bed without having to go and look.

The bedding could be pink, covered in lace and frills for all I care.

djglover
    Free Member

With a name like D. Arsewank white should be last on the list

scaredypants

pink latex here

just off there now, actually. nighty night

user-removed
    Free Member

Hammerite +1. Honestly don’t really notice. The mattress is important for a good night’s sleep, but I have to say, I have never, ever noticed the sheets; colour, thread count, material – immaterial.

Dr Arsewank

Impractical isn’t many.

You’ve lost me.

Back at uni, I had black sheets because they were the cheapest, and needed washing least often. That, my friends, is the sum total of my knowledge about sheets.

theblackmount
    Free Member

Sweet Jesus. So it is possible to take thread count on a bike forum to another level

GET A LIFE.

somafunk

Egyptian cotton is an oft used byword for “so called luxury cotton”, just as “Jacobs Creek” is an oft used byword of quality wine, only a very-very small amount of Egyptian cotton produced is of superior quality to other variants, but manufacturers stick “made from Egyptian cotton” on the label and they can charge a premium to gullible middle class wannabe’s.

And i dunno what my sheets are made from?,i do know that they used to be a dark blue but now they are pretty washed out. I spent most of my 20’s sleeping (passed out) on mates floors or sofas at the weekends so as long as i’m not lying on a bare mattress i couldn’t care less one way or another.

konabunny
    Free Member

White, decent threadcount, washed regularly.

globalti
    Free Member

White cotton sheets will go yellow quite quickly if you don’t wash them unfashionably hot.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Black satin FTW!

deviant
    Free Member

Black here too….white sheets would show up the blood far too easily.

vickypea
    Free Member

For a woman, I’m not that bothered about household furnishings and stuff. As long as the sheets are clean, and made from cotton I’m happy!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Greens/yellows/browns/plum reds etc. here. Don’t own white.

I have rubber, would you like to borrow them?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Sheets. They have to be white, right?’ is closed to new replies.