• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by br.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shedtrackworld (again) – cheapskate content
  • northernmatt

I’m not on here much but I know that you lot know your sheds and I’m here to pick the brain of the STW hive mind.

I’ve been ordered to buy a bike shed. It has to be something purely for bikes as I don’t have room for a full on mcmoonter-esque wooden edifice. I’ve been looking at the 4ft x7ft BillyOh sheds available for about £200 but I’m not convinced on the build quality of something like that.

My question is really how easy it would be to build something similar and whether it would come in at the same sort of price.

takisawa2

Whilst I’ve enjoyed building a lot of man caves over the years, none of them have ever really cost less than a complete bought one. Perhaps spend a bit extra on a floor anchor to go in before the shed goes down.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

As above, ready built is probably cheapest but so it might be worth seeing if you can find something locally on eBay or Gumtree. I recycled a shed my brother wanted rid of, it needed a couple of small repairs but all the timber cost under £50.

If you want something cheap you need to get creative.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tuesday-thatll-be-shed-building-day-then

northernmatt

I see what you mean. Like building a bike from bits is always more than an off the peg.

To Gumtree I go.

RobHilton
    Free Member

http://www.rainhamsheds.co.uk/

Not a recommendation; just my favourite shed site in the entire world wide web.

Needs sound…

Smudger666

I’ve bought billyo – they are ok for the price.

My garden house was from them and I bought it because it met my budget. I had to do some field fixes as it went up due to a couple of slightly warped panels and some poorly fixed joints, but I expected that for the price.

If I could afford more, I’d buy better, but was happy with it for the money.

HTH

ji
    Free Member

Not a recommendation; just my favourite shed site in the entire world wide web.

Needs sound…

Made me laugh that did !

njee20
    Free Member

Where are you (is the name a clue?!). We have a 4×7 wooden ‘bike shed’ from Tiger sheds we don’t really have a need for in our new house.

br
    Free Member

Can’t you go bigger, as handlebars are getting to 3 foot wide.

I’d also go look at some locally, as when I last bought one a few more quid got so a better quality shed. I got one this kinda size, with the extra wide doors. Big enough for a m/c, bench and shelves – the window I just put blinds up.

http://www.buyshedsdirect.co.uk/garden-buildings/workshops/10×6-pure-sheds-overlap-apex-workshop

+1 Installing a ground anchor first, and I just laid pavers over sand for the base.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shedtrackworld (again) – cheapskate content’ is closed to new replies.