Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Sheds/summer houses/cabins
  • hammerite
    Free Member

So we have a bit a exercise type equipment at home which currently gets light use due to space. I don’t really even have space in the garage to leave the turbo trainer up. So we’ve been thinking about putting a shed/summerhouse/cabin in the garden for this use and a bit of extra storage.

We want something that’ll last, be relatively secure and have the ability to have electric running to it. Even possibly insulate it. We don’t yet have a hard standing for such a building so would need to sort this. I’m not the handiest of people so I’d probably want someone to install it too.

We don’t have a budget in mind, but I’m usually as tight as a ducks…

Any ideas, inspiration, recommendations gratefully received.

ebygomm
    Free Member

We’re looking to get a Tuin log cabin for our garden.

km79
    Free Member

Save your money. You’ll never use the exercise equipment in there either! 😀

hammerite
    Free Member

Possibly so km79, but at least I won’t risk breaking my neck every time I go to get my bike out of the garage!

5thElefant
    Free Member

Have a look at Sheds.co.uk and have a look at the log cabins. Plenty of different sizes. You can add some 2x4s with insulation between to the outside then add shiplap cladding (that’s what I did).

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I helped my bro put up one from Dunster House. It seemed well-designed and slotted together easily. It was a twin-wall with inner insulation, ISTR 70mm.

hammerite
    Free Member

Dunster House are based a few miles away from me. We did pop in there last summer to have a look, but they were quite pricey.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sheds.co.uk summer houses look pretty good 5th, do you have one? I’m supposed to be building a place for wife and daughter to hang out, but apathy has stopped me in my tracks. I’d only need to do a concrete base for a pre made one….

5thElefant
    Free Member

I have one of their log cabins. This one: http://www.sheds.co.uk/log-cabins/home-office-log-cabins/hartwood-5m-x-4m-kingsbury-log-cabin.html

The build is simple, just slotting bits of wood together for the most part. Takes a few days with a helper or two.

sadexpunk

that looks lovely 5th ^^^. big money i spose but a lovely building.

MrOvershoot

Just spend an afternoon on Here and find your local agent for them in the UK

tymbian
    Free Member

Where are you based?

hammerite
    Free Member

Bedfordshire Tymbian.

Thanks for the suggestions all.

What kind of bases have people decided on?

righog
    Free Member

Have a look on this site, for some inspiration. Although it is aimed at homeworking from a shed, it is a really good source of info and inspiration for various types of garden buildings. With prices ranges from £0 to £25 K +

Shedworking

hammerite
    Free Member

Thanks righog

redstripe
    Free Member

I’ve bought and built quite a few of various sizes for me and other people from this place: http://www.fencingcentre.co.uk/garden-log-cabins.asp
    Happy with quality and price is pretty negotiable if you see them in person. I think they are imported from Estonia. Do my own base, build and insulation etc.

hammerite
    Free Member

Thanks Redstripe.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Sheds/summer houses/cabins’ is closed to new replies.