Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Sheds,sheds,sheds please
  • woodsman
    Free Member

After a recent conversation with someone, who thinks all us men with our sheds, are slightly mad in an amusing kinda way! I need some back up to show that I am relatively normal in that respect so, so us your sheds please, the more unusual, handmade,flash, shonky etc etc – the better! Or a pic of why you should but don't own a shed… 🙂

Here's an equally shonky attempt at a pic, of my shed – it does have a door too!

tinsy
    Free Member

mmmm, I got a new one its not quite finished enough for the photo thing as yet, here is a pic of the old crap one and tent thing that used to house all the stuff until my new one. (yeah I pumped all that up using the Joe Blow, much easier with the £5 electric pump I have now)

New shed base.. 25ft x 7ft 🙂

woodsman
    Free Member

That's looking impressive tinsy, already!

tinsy
    Free Member

The shed is up and in use, just not finished off, will try and get some pics when I can, the bike part of it is layed out nicely, just need to sort out how to store and hang the rest of the old junk! Its certainly made me a bit less overlooked 🙂

turboferret

The HQ of Turboferret Industries 🙂

Looks like you've got the makings of a decent shed there Tinsy 😀

Cheers, Rich

JCornford

Looking at a place tomorrow that has concrete workshop/shed in the garden, looking on google earth you walk out of the house inot a small courtyard and the the workshop spans the width of this and you then walk through the workshop to get to the garden.

Could make a good bike storage workshop etc with the courtyard for washing etc.

woodsman
    Free Member

Do women have sheds?

coastkid
    Free Member

my dream shack,nearly finished,not wood but sectional concrete..45 SQm,wood burning stove,beer fridge,sofa,hot and cold water,goodmans stereo,outside covered washbay,airline,mig/tig welder,lathe,gunk bath,even kitchen sink and old washing machine going in soon..home from home…oh and elecrtic 110w burgler alarm,watch them light up!!!!,i once forgot.. never again….

timber

which one? got about 5 here with rustic charm
    the bikes are in the one with the tightest roof, the oil tank has the best walls and floor, the woodshed is shonky for a shed built of so much stone, the garage shed is under utilised whilst the one with no sides next to it has next years firewood seasoning

woodsman
    Free Member

Some good shedage appearing – coastkid, do you get condensation with all that metal in the construction?

Log store, now you're talking, here's some of next years wood seasoning

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Call that a woodpile? I hope this link works

http://picasaweb.google.com/mcmoonter/GlassmountWoodPiles#

woodsman
    Free Member

It's only part, and that's cheating – off cuts from some sort of machining process 😉

Seriously, impressive, what are you using to burn all that soft wood?

BigDummy
    Free Member

By Easter, I shall be in a position to contribute to threads of this sort with my head held high.

That is my solemn promise, to myself and to the men of Singletrackworld. 🙂

mike61
    Free Member

Gents,

Some seriously tidy sheds there…..you lot need to get out more instead of spending all day tidying up or have you got well trained and understanding partners.

As Mr Woodsman can testify you can barely get in mine and thats the way it should be.

DezB
    Free Member

I have the garage. The wife can have the shed for her so called gardening equipment. Pics? It'll be dark by the time I get home.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

I've got a basement again in the new house. 🙁

But it's a better basement with a tiled floor and a radiator (and all the space is mine). Just need to work out if I can fit me on a bike/turbo under the low ceiling!

I long for my own shed/garage.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Woodsman

A lot of it is hardwood. Mostly Oak and Beech, and some Larch. I cut it with a chainsaw. I get it from a sawmill which works with sustainable hardwoods. Its amazing how much waste there is. The bundles are 14 feet plus long and usually 1.5 tonnes. Its about as much as their loadalls can lift.

I have a second big shed thats as full.

woodsman
    Free Member

It's interesting to hear the sheds are for the poster only, and generally wives/partners excluded, along with gardening equipment, cars and other things sheds were originally designed for – I understand that! 😉 🙂

mogrim

I've got a garage, pity the wife's filled the bloody thing up with wardrobes for all her other-season wear 🙄

Still, the motorbike, bike and turbo fit in, so it could be worse.

coastkid
    Free Member

woodsman – Member

Some good shedage appearing – coastkid, do you get condensation with all that metal in the construction?

no metal at all woodsman except roof joists and doors,walls are sectional reinforced concrete,roof is that stuff that looks like absbestos but dosnt kill you ,the only condinsation is on 2 clear roof panels after some frost,lighting the stove after wet weather helps dry bikes after washing them..,

ken_shields
    Free Member

Seeing these I feel the need to tidy my garage and sort out the bike storage as it's all a bit haphazard at the moment.

woodsman
    Free Member

Cool tinsy! is that a 'proper chopper', if it is I had the slightly later one, with the toggle type gear lever, which unscrewed into two halves – if that makes sense – you have the mark one, but then you'd know that anyway! What are the retro motorcross bikes – two strokes?

tinsy
    Free Member

Yep MK1, note the bag hanging off the toggle chain for the 4th and 5th gear, I got the shifters for a 5 speed too, but just running it as 3 speed right now… Niche or what!

Ones a Bultaco Pursang 360 1978 (very broken) the other is my ped, a Gilera 50 trail.

I like old shit, you should see the lawnmower!

33-4 years ago.

Just after I did it up about 2004

BigDummy
    Free Member

and generally wives/partners excluded, along with gardening equipment,

I am solely responsible for all aspects of gardening except "strategic design concepts". The gardening tools live in the shed. 😀

alpin
    Free Member

[img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/8653326_76f18dd567_b.jpg[/img]

now with proper wood decking out front.

EDIT: found a pic with the decking.

cost about £1000 in total. that included the oak door (80p from B&Q due to a cock up by the till girl), all the insulation, plasterboard, wallpaper and carpet. i stole aquired the decking and the PVC window from a building site. most of the wood was savalge, as well as the four window panes. the cladding was new. the main frame including the trusses cost ~£200.

am i winning?

miketually
    Free Member

I've a garage, a stable, a tack room and a barn/vehicle store.

tinsy
    Free Member

You not thought of anything to do with that huge store thing you posted on a different thread mike? Having a spare garage/shed space is pretty greedy 🙂

ART

mcmoonter – those pics are dreamy, really, I want to live by your woodstores. 😀

2hottie
    Free Member

My shed, only live in a small terrace so limited space.

BigDummy
    Free Member

You don't sit in there to get some peace and quiet much, right? 😉

miketually
    Free Member

You not thought of anything to do with that huge store thing you posted on a different thread mike? Having a spare garage/shed space is pretty greedy

Well, when it rains heavily and the river bursts its banks, it would make a good covered swimming (paddling) pool or boat house. Unfortunately, that limits its usefullness for the rest of the year.

tinsy
    Free Member

Boat house… Now your talking, why not make it into one?

SaxonRider

I'm just in the midst of buying a shed. All of those wooden ones with bikes in them: are they secure?

miketually
    Free Member

Boat house… Now your talking, why not make it into one?

1. I don't have a boat
    2. For 250+ days of the year it's 50 feet from a 12" deep river, with two fences and a field of horses in the way

🙂

miketually
    Free Member

unless they go through the wall…

A guy locally had his bike nicked through a hole the thieves made in his brick garage wall.

tinsy
    Free Member

mmmm, you need a what boat for 12" river and fence hopping thread!! 🙂

coastkid
    Free Member

heres a garden tool storage idea if you dont want them in your garage/dont have much room,
    decking step into garden…

hinged lid, dugout tool store underneath…

back door lean-2, work in progress…

tinsy ,like the old bultaco,i had a 72 sherpa years ago,is the girela a tigertrail?

ctznsmith
    Free Member

@alpin blimey! …when does a shed stop being a shed and need planning permission/building regs?

Conespanner

If anybody likes coastkid's concrete garage set up then I have a 2.5mtr x 5 mtr garage for sale, completely dismantled ready for collection. I'm making space for my dream 16 x 10ft shed/workshop. The garage was here already when we moved in. I'm in Hampshire

krissboo
    Free Member

I thought I'd better add my shed to this thread.

It only looked like this for a couple of weeks before i turned it into a lovely outhouse!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Sheds,sheds,sheds please’ is closed to new replies.