Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Wooden shed – crazy to buy online ?
  • brack
    Free Member

We have decided to stay put and so I get to buy a new shed for all the over spill from the workshop..

We have a spot in the garden that is itching for an 8×10 sized wooden shed – I haven’t the time these days to build one from scratch so a factory made one will have to suffice.

I know there are massive variations in the build quality but the ones Ive seen locally are £1500

Compared with £700 online this is a massive difference

Am I foolish to even consider it as an option ordering online ?

twicewithchips
    Free Member

I did that 7 years ago. It’s completely fine.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

I bought 2 cheap ones online and merged them to create a bespoke size. Much cheaper than buying a big one locally. It still standing and dry… 5 years on

dmck16
    Free Member

Got a 10×8 full shiplap from Tiger Sheds last year for about £500.

Old man is a joiner and even he was impressed for the price. We reinforced it with extra brackets and it’s absolutely solid.

woody74

I bought a 10 x10 shed for around £600 online (eBay), utter crap. Pay the money and get something decent would be my advice. However there is no reason why an internet shed shouldn’t be great quality.

mrjmt
    Free Member

+1 Tiger Sheds.

Made in Leeds too.

brack
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies – searching for a new shed is soooo exciting, I know I know I need to get out more.

thepurist

Lots of variation in shed construction – t&g, overlap or shiplap boards, floor and roof can be thin osb or decent boarding, framing varies massively etc etc so it’s important to compare like with like. Your local merchant may be selling a rolls royce option with pressure treated t&g etc that will outlast your house whereas a bog standard shiplap painted with a bit of cuprinol will probably last for 10 or more years

Edit – spent an age doing the same research and got a 6×8 online recently, all went together in half a day for 2 people (sheds.co.uk)

deadslow

+1 for tiger sheds. Bought after recommendations here.
    Bought a 6ft x 9ft.
    Painted it before putting together.
    Changed the felt for a rubber roof which should last 25 years!

jimdubleyou

We got ours from beastsheds.co.uk

Free delivery and installation – still standing and dry after 5 years.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Anybody got one of the Tigersheds log cabins, they look good value for something a bit more secure/good looking ?

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

+1 for Tiger sheds.

Bought it locally before I realised they’d just bought it online and whacked their wedge on top. Was still like new after 6 years when we moved out (and I got a bollocking off the wife for not taking it with us 🙄 Cheers love).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Wooden shed – crazy to buy online ?’ is closed to new replies.