Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Shedding fat – diet
  • nickc

Rupert, any diet that restricts what you eat is a *bit* unhealthy but you should only be doing it for a short time.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Try being vegetarian, as long as you don’t cane the cheese (the cheese does not enjoy this) then it’s a pretty good diet. Wholegrains, veg, beans, pulses, tofu and the odd bit or fake meat for a treat and you’ll be both leaner and greener (but obviously not meaner).

It needs a bit of background reading to get right but can rid people of unnecessary bulk.

Jamie
    Free Member

don’t cane the cheese

Well….there is my sentence of the week.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Nah I’m eating plenty of protein, lots of fruit and stuff like brown rice never been that big on salads so I do a lot of veggie soups too.

Tonight it’s steak and a bake so i’m treating myself to a little carb..

You’ll find after a week or two big or rich meals make you feel ill or they do me anyway.

Seriously I’ve got enough fat that I’m sorted for fuel and the whole starvation mode thing doesn’t seem to matter.

1000 calories is actually quite a bit depending on what you go for

4 packs of crisps = 1000 calories

Big fillet of Salmon, decent portion of brown rice, untold clementines and rasins = 1000 calories maybe a bit less.

Jamie
    Free Member

and the whole starvation mode thing doesn’t seem to matter.

What about when you start eating normally again? Will your body not store store everything as fat due to being in starvation mode?

Personally I reckon most people underestimate when counting calories anyways, so doubt you’re really on 1000 a day.

joolsburger
    Free Member

No because I’m also doing shitloads of exercise which I plan to keep up.

Eat less for a long time and do more = Lose weight

Eat normal and carry on doing more = Stay slim

Eat normal and do sod all = get fat.

Starvation mode really means exactly that eating bog roll for a month etc. 1000 calories is fine.

looksee

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_mode

Adders69
    Free Member

Has anybody added L-Carnatine to their diet / daily supplements?

Burner

did somebody say ‘miracle cure’ 😆

BadlyWiredDog

Green and Blacks organic chocolate is half price at Co-Op right now meaning you can eat twice as much for the same calorific value, which is fantastic news. My six-pack is coming along great by the way, by segregating crucial food groups I’m actually eating more and losing fat. I am putting on some weight, but it’s mostly pure muscle from my extensive training routine. Well done everyone.

donsimon
    Free Member

The iDave diet should help you lose some of the fat. I have been on a fairly similar diet for over a year and lost a lot of fat. I feel that by home cooking I can control what I’m eating better e.g. I’ll quite happily eat homemade bread because I know that the ingredients include olive oil and honey. What sh1te do they put in shop bought bread? Tomorrow- homemade pizza. 😀
    Key areas… No alcohol and change the rice and pasta you’re currently eating for beans/lentils etc.
    Going vegetarian could be interesting, but I don’t think I can do without my meat. 🙁
    My weight is remaining stable while losing fat.

Rupert
    Free Member

Don, sounds like its working for you but what the hell is the iDave diet?!

donsimon
    Free Member

Post up an email address and I’ll send you it.

ace_sparky
    Free Member

I usually diet around this time of year upto about mid January, when I need to increase my intake to support the training load.

I’m 177cm tall and at last weigh in was 71.5Kg and about 14% body fat. My aim is to get down to about 5-8% body fat before January.

I’m limiting myself to about 1500-1700 calories per day, very low fat, not too many carbs and a moderate ammount of protein. Oats, whole wheat foods, fresh fruit and veg, min 2L water per day and a few treats along the way. I usually have around 500 calories for breakfast, 5-600 during the day and 5-600 in the evening.

I train about 6-8hrs per week at the minute which is mainly low intensity work with a few 60min tempo sessions which will help towards building base using my limited time available and hopefully maintain a decent ammount of muscle as the body fat gets harder to shift. I try to weigh myself and calculate my body fat at the same time every week and only once per week.

Have had good steady results over the last 3 weeks, so far so good.

Rupert
    Free Member

Sure, bosh it through to burman_day@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Shedding fat – diet’ is closed to new replies.