Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shed security… ?
  • weeksy

Looks like i’ll soon have a shed…

Sadly it’s no massive workshop… but it’s my own little space/world.

In it will go the K7… Which will be secured by an Almax and rear wheel being removed. Second will be several pushbikes… these are the Quandry…

I want them mounted on the wall vertically on hooks. 2 will be with bars up… 2 with bars nearer the ground. (Both wheels will be against the wall, so hung vertically)

Now… this is the tough part… how can I secure them in a wooden shed…

What I was thinking was a scaffold bar, split and welded to make an inverted U shape, with the 2 ends into concrete flooring. Giving me a bracket I could then Almax the pushbikes to ?

Or ?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Now, I know this isn’t quite what you asked but how about keeping a couple of the more expensive bikes inside?
    I have to do that as I live in a flat and I’m not worried about them getting pinched.

I use these Cycloc bike mounts. They are a little expensive for what they are, but they work nicely and look Ok for in the house.

http://www.fawkes-cycles.co.uk/1517630/products/cycloc-wall-mounted-bike-holder-white.aspx?origin=pla&kwd=&currency=GBP&gclid=CJTs087wzMECFVHMtAodNFkArQ

weeksy

Sadly mate, not an option. There’s no world in which we live where that’s going to fly.

teenrat

What i’ve done is to hang the bikes from a 3×3 wooden beam, using screw in hooks. I then run a very hefty chain from one wall to another through the bike frames whilst they are hanging up ( i have brick walls). For you, if you set two metal posts into the concrete, the chain could be run through the frames.

Weeksy – off topic, but i took a punt on that sunn 29er – not arrived yet but they are back up £1699 now.

proutster
    Free Member

Shed Shackle – here

Stopped some lowlifes getting away with my Mondraker Summum.

We’ve just moved and it had to stay in the old shed (think it was the only thing keeping it together), so a new one has been purchased for the (newly constructed) log cabin.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Get a cage put in the shed. I have a full cage that I can just about squeeze 3 bikes in. I would have gone bigger but I wouldn’t have got it through the door.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Shed security… ?’ is closed to new replies.