Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Shed Security
  • philfive
    Free Member

Has anyone used alarm mines?

the idea of scaring the life out of somebody stealing from my shed sounds appealing 😀

http://www.henrykrank.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_44_47&products_id=2964

dirtyboy

I have a shot gun cartridge trip mine wired through my plastic garage roof, it fires a blank 12gauge cartridge, should deter them along with 5 different locks and ground anchors both doors alarmed and pir sensor and wifi cctv covering garage and front of house which offloads footage to cloud.

philfive
    Free Member

dirtyboy, how easy is it to disarm?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

dirtyboy – tell me about your wifi cctv cloud storage solution.

dirtyboy

I wouldn’t use one as main security as you will forget one day, and scare yourself silly, but as an attention grabber it’s first class.

dirtyboy

1 x 40quid easy n foscam rip off copy cctv camera from amazon, used inside garage and 1 x EyeSpy247 external camera £180. I use vitamin d software and have an old laptop acting as a dvr, but also have it linked to a Microsoft SkyDrive account with 7gb of free storage, any movements in the covered areas also means an email turns up with a picture attached.

tinsy
    Free Member

Christ dirtyboy, I thought you was kidding!

dirtyboy

I have to break in to telecoms cabins as part of my job
    So I have made as difficult as I can, from the prospective of If I was going to break in how would I do it, isn’t impossible but if they did nick my bikes without me knowing I’d have a grudging respect for them.

steezysix
    Free Member

I have to break in to telecoms cabins as part of my job

dirtyboy

Not quite 😉 more er physical.. Approach taken normally. Irish keys and big hammer /drills

tinsy
    Free Member

what the f is an Irish Key?….. oh hold on its coming to me…. a sledgehammer?

dirtyboy

Irish key in our works language is a pry/crowbar

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Shed Security’ is closed to new replies.