Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shed Security
  • dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Had a quick search on this topic but thought I'd add my questions.

Got a lovely brick built shed with a concrete roof but a super flimsy wooden door. Anyone got any recommendations on a door that will be nice n strong but maybe not advertise the fact i'm trying to hide something? Or should i not worry about looks and just go for plain strength?

I also have a window space that currently has 2 wooden framed single paned windows. The space is big enough to climb through if you had a crowbar to hand.

Possibly planning on beefing up the side gate but are there any other security options?
    Ideas have included:
    – a wireless webcam with some motion detection software?
    – mains wired alarm, connect this into the door lock too? switch indoors to open the lock and turn off the alarm for a certain time period?

Will be getting a couple of ground anchors. possibly not the most expensive ones after the cost going into the door and window solutions

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I cant say much on the door but bike radar had a really good right up online about different options on secure bikes whilst in sheds, its a worthwhile read and I've now bought a pair of brick attachable ground anchors from torc, I've fitted one and the other will happen this weekend and then it'll be a huge motor bike chain or U loks from kryptonite or abus. … oh and marks and spencer insurance. ;o)

ti_pin_man
    Free Member
    valleydaddy
    Free Member

I guess change door to a steel faced one to help prevent drilling or solid hardwood??

Also reinforce door frame with a few extra frame bolts if not 100% solid.

Add the side bolts that fit recesses in door frame to resist door being kicked in.

As for window, steel bars bolted on inside securely, so visable from the outside so hopefully putting off entry this way, but not making shed look like a prison. Maybe possible to retro fit them into brickwork if you have the enthusiasm to take out bricks and cement in bars and refit bricks? Also fit plastic film over glass that prevent glass shattering thus making it nastier to get through window.

Ground anchors are great but make sure they are fitted in a way to prevent levering them or locks out, ie close to wall under bikes, also fit one on wall again behind bikes where access with bolt croppers, crow bar would be difficult.

Alarms/CCTV great if someone is around to respond to them, HD recording so if the worst happens you may get some ID on the scoundrels.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

good points on plastic film over the windows and HD recording. forgot about the bars on the inside of the windows too. oops.
    thanks for those
    part 2 of the bike radar has some good products for storing the bikes too. bonus.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shed Security’ is closed to new replies.