• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by bigG.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shed roof
  • craig24
    Free Member

Ok, so woke up this morning to see the felt had been blown off and nowhere to be seen 🙁

Before I go and buy some felt and give this ago (never done this before). Does anyone have any experience with PVC / Rubber roofing like this –

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/shed-roof-felt-strong-alternative-uv-resistant-one-piece-reinforced-pvc-/282438845090?var=&hash=item41c2aac2a2:m:mumaPHJ3m-db_xik68b7-bA

Seems cheap and easy.

somouk
    Free Member

My understanding is that it’s not as robust as the felt so more inclined to rip if the force holding it down isn’t spread enough or something sharp hits it.

finishthat
    Free Member

epdm pond liner – or the roof version – will last longer than the shed.

lustyd
    Free Member

GRP roofing for the win. It’ll last 100 years and can easily be repaired. YouTube contains videos on how to fit it, and it’s very easy. I did a double garage roof with a friend. Neither of us had any experience and managed it in two days, it’s still looking new a year later and has the benefit that I can jet wash it and walk about on it without fear of damage like felt or rubber roofing. Also comes in any colour you fancy…

5lab

I’ve got edpm on the shed I built last year. Very easy to do (roof was in new condition underneath), completely watertight so far, looks nicer than felt (in my opinion). I’d use it again

craig24
    Free Member

Thanks all. This stuff of Ebay says it can just be nailed on like felt? I notice the EPDM stuff on other websites says it needs to be glued down. Would nailing be ok? It’s for my current shed that wil hopefully being replaced next year.

bigG
    Free Member

Not really an answer to your specific question but I did my summer house roof with this stuff coroline (on top of existing and ageing felt room). Was dead easy to cut/fit and I suspect it’ll last a lot longer than any felt / felt alternative.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shed roof’ is closed to new replies.