Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Shed Queens : The bikes that you never ride
  • Harry_the_Spider

Strava tells me that this bike has done 5km so far this year.

Tomorrow night it is “going to get it”.

What have you got that you never ride?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

My Fargo.
    But, to be fair, I’ve not ridden either of my Hardtails much this year either 😳

daftvader
    Free Member

My cannondale synaps… Only done 50 miles this year….

Bregante

Nope. If it hasn’t been ridden in 6 months – it goes.

Hence the single speed CX going two weeks before you asked me if I had a CX bike 😈

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My road bike.

Kuco

Enigma Ego Ti

househusband
    Free Member

Fat bike! Have tried selling it but with the influx of new models on the market it seems that their second-hand value has dropped; can afford to just keep it and use it once in a blue moon.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

My 2005 Speccy Enduro.The last time I can remember riding it was 2007!I keep meaning to recommission it,but it’s way to good for the stuff I do these days. It’s been living in my flight bag for the last 18 months,maybe I’ll get back to the Alps next year..

julianwilson
    Free Member

My bullit has done 0 miles this year. I should probably find a new home for it.

fd3chris
    Free Member

My Yeti asr7. I don’t think its been out this year at all. Looks cool though

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Isn’t this just a stw “show us your bike thread” like normal?

Steve77
    Free Member

My hardtail (Chameleon). I love it both the times I ride it each year so could never sell it.

miketually
    Free Member

My Inbred has languished a bit recently, partly because I got a new cx bike and partly because I just couldn’t get the brakes to work properly without squealing. I’ve only ridden it once since sorting it out, but that was a 112km ride.

I’ve not ridden my X for the last couple of months, but the last time I rode it it was all the way to Scotland.

My ugly Solitude commuter’s getting daily abuse.

The only ‘bike’ not being ridden is the ’95 Kona Hahanna, but that’s just a frame and forks really. I don’t know that it could be economically returned to a ridable state, though I do have suitable wheels so it’s on my “one day maybe” list.

honourablegeorge

My Roadrat is sat unused because work/schoo run complications mean I can’t cycle commute. And have been working late almost every weekday, so my Soul is sat unused too… out on bigger bikes at the weekends.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I would have put up my Niner One9 SS into this thread but me and MrsBouy went riding together today in the blazing sunshine, her on my old Roadie and me on the One9. Ended up chatting about my planned trip on the Santiago de Compastella and she said “do it on that”
    She’s right isn’t she.. 8)

zippykona

This not being ridden is good news as it’s my winter commuter.

Northwind

I just sold mine- my 224, realised it hadn’t moved since November last year, except to have bits stolen off it. Now on N-2.

northernmatt

I finished my Mondraker in Feb and I’ve ridden it 4 times since Theberton doing a torso if about 30 miles. I’d sell it but it’s just too much fun.

singlespeedstu

I recon this has been ridden three times since this pic was taken in 2011. 😆

Just can’t be arsed to try and sell it.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/9YXXXj]2011_0630verbier110018[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

Anyone want it for a bargain price? 😉

oliverracing

My road bike had done 23 miles this year up until about 2 weeks ago – but I have put about 300 miles on it since then

garage-dweller

My road bike has languished most of this year apart from the odd group ride. The old and old school xc bike has only been used for riding with the kids and the odd commute.

The 456 and ratty old hybrid have been well used though.

P20

My P20 has hardly been used this year

Ritchey P20 by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

aracer
    Free Member

The fixie, the CX and this one haven’t been out this year:

…actually come to think of it I’m not sure when I last rode the winter/training road bike or the hardtail. I suppose it would have been easier to list the ones which aren’t shed queens.

Junkyard
    Free Member

TBH I would sell any bike i did not ride for that long

proutster
    Free Member

My Mondraker Summum DH bike:

Only been out on it 3 times this year, my riding buddies say I’m quicker on my Reign, so I think it might be for the chop…

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Strava tells me I have done 180 miles on my MTb this year. That’s piss poor at best. I couldn’t sell it though as it makes me smile every time.

ton

bikes that you dont ride???? are you demented, who has ever heared of such a thing.

paul4stones

This isn’t a ‘show me your bikes’ thread it’s a communal ‘make me an offer’ thread. 🙂

I reckon my Blue Pig has been ridden three days this year. Thoroughly enjoyed them though.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

This thread made me realise I don’t ride my Whippet, so that’s on the classifieds tonight. Wife needed some new forks, which also prompted the sale, so I can hand her those off the whippet. Other than that, singlespeed is for the winter time and winter road bike, for when crap weather and Di2 don’t mix well on the nice road bike. So they have seasons and all get used.

bigdean

This year it been the 5 spot. Used in wales for a weekend and a few peak ride but this year has mainly been ridgid riding/ minceing.

takisawa2

IMAG1679 by pten2106, on Flickr

Mileage for me this year 0.

senorj

My beloved p7 has only done maybe 50 miles this year.:-(
    It’s languishing in a spare room 300 miles away.

Steve77
    Free Member

Anyone want it for a bargain price?

Ok, I’ll bite, how much?

singlespeedstu

My email is in my profile. 🙂

lunge

My Orange P7, zero miles this year I think. Not getting used anytime soon either as it needs a brake bleed and I haven’t got the tools to do such a think at the moment. Should really get that sorted so I can do a winter ride or 2.

tomhoward

Shed?! 🙄

Honestly…

roverpig

Stripped down my winter road bike (Principia RSL AS) back in the spring, intending to get the frame sprayed as it’s looking tatty, but never got round to it. Probably try to sell it as a “bike in bits”.

Only done 20 odd miles on the summer road bike (Principia Rex), so that might be for the chop too.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Not ridden it for years.

cookeaa

My BMX was has been used once this year, rode it 1.5 miles to pick up the missus car after she left it in a pub carpark and took a taxi, easiest bike to fit in a car innit…

It’s got to go now.

Nobby

My 456 hadn’t turned a wheel for over 2 years until the other night when it managed a full 6 miles with a couple of noobs from my local.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Shed Queens : The bikes that you never ride’ is closed to new replies.