Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Shed & Breakfast – Mcmoonter content
  • kayak23

Just noticed your shed available to stay in, on Airb&b Mcmoonter. Looks fantastic. I’d love a stay if I was up your way…

Airb&b link

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’m not wholly sure what we have let ourselves in for.

It’s part of a Shed of the Year wheeze dreamed up by Channel 4. The Pool Hoose is only listed for a couple of days to fulfil their brief on airbnb

We have it listed on Warmshowers which I really enjoy, those that pedal here have earned their night’s stay which is free. Touring cyclists are the nicest of folks who are always forgiving of our rustic amenities.

himupstairs

Mcmoonter, off topic, but do you know Liz Ogilvie? i see you are in that neck of the woods and involved in arts projects and so on.

hammyuk
    Free Member

There’s no way I’m googling “warmshowers”!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Mcmoonter, off topic, but do you know Liz Ogilvie? i see you are in that neck of the woods and involved in arts projects and so on.

Yes I know her, she and Bob were tutors at the Edinburgh College of Art when I was there.

Bob died a few years ago. Liz is still in the fantastic cinema studio with the amazing view over the beach and the Forth

himupstairs

Ahha, my dad taught at ECA with them. I see Liz regularly, and knew Bob well. My sister was involved in the A2B project too.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Ahha, my dad taught at ECA with them

Who is your dad? I will most likely know him too

himupstairs

Alan Johnston. When were you at ECA?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I was there from 82-87, I knew your dad too.

himupstairs

I see. There are probably lots of familiar names in that case.
    You must have been there at a similar time to Karen Forbes and so on. Donald Urquhart? Anne Bevan?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I knew Karen when she was still a student long before she became the head of school, Anne Bevan I knew from Orkney but I never rated her. Donald, I know the name but cant put a face to.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Kayak23, I hope you’ll enter your allotment and riverside cabins. We need a STWer to vote for.

kayak23

Yeah, I have entered it as it happens. Not the river shed though yet…maybe felt a bit much entering two sheds?

nedrapier

Ol’ “Two Sheds” kayak, there. With his two sheds… 🙄

Enter them both, they’re both much better than either of the rotting sheds we had before a freak gust of wind hit at precisely the same time as an hour of work with a drill, screwdriver bit, lump hammer and pry bar.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Shed & Breakfast – Mcmoonter content’ is closed to new replies.