Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shed alarm for Asgard metal shed
  • dmorts

Seems it’s the high season for break-ins around our way (South Edinburgh).

I’d like to put an alarm in my Asgard metal shed, but mounting it on metal might be an issue. Asgard do one, but ideally I’d like to get something fitted today.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a shed alarm that will mount securely to a metal shed?

Rubber_Buccaneer

I have a couple of cheapies from Maplin that are OK, both use keypad PIN. One is PIR the other magnet and reed switch. For you maybe the PIR would work best as it could be laid on the floor or on a shelf or stuck to the metal shed.

Not quite answering your question as mine aren’t in the Asgard, they are in a wooden shed (as is the Asgard). I may be a little paranoid about having my bikes nicked.

dmorts

Should add we have a wireless house alarm already and a colleague suggested extending that to the shed, which I think I will do in the long term.

Will get one of the these for the interim Yale Wireless Shed Alarm

Problem with that is it could easy be removed and smashed to silence it

mark90
    Free Member

I have a wireless pir doorbell chime similar to this….

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/KBDC006.html

It alerts me if anyone is in the garage.

Only really any use if I’m home obvs. but there are other security measure too.

Poopscoop

Personally I would fit a cheap car alarm.

Ultrasonic will work inside the shed, simple switch on the door/window to trigger alarm too.

Just need to get a 12dc adapter.

You’ll be able to turn the alarm on and off remotely and if the alarm is battery backed up you have a damned good chance of stopping your bikes getting stolen and for a petty low price.

Just my 2p. 🙂

scandal42
    Free Member

I think I would hear the actual shed clanging over an alarm.

Loud as foook

dmorts

I think I would hear the actual shed clanging over an alarm.

Yeah this is one of the shed’s plus points, it’s very noisy! Mine is now setup that if someone does manage to get into the shed, without the noise disturbing anyone, the small alarm I bought will go off within 10 secs 😀

Should work as a stop gap before the main house alarm is connected up

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shed alarm for Asgard metal shed’ is closed to new replies.