Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shed advice
  • valleydaddy
    Free Member

Right after a bit of STW advice please.

I want to create a shed in the space between my house and garage.

I will be suspending a floor and probably chipboard line the brickwork on a wood frame to insulate it and UPVC clad the one end with a window and the other with a door and relevant framework.

So advice for roof types that I could look into, thinking a clear polycarbonate one piece unit would be ideal, ant pros and cons of this or should I just go for regular corregated sheets?

thanks in advance

allthepies
    Free Member

As I posted on a similar thread the other week…

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Bitumen-Corrugated-Sheet/invt/240039

15 year guarantee, easy to work with, yadda yadda.

alpinestar
    Free Member

realy depends whats going in there. if the bikes being stored in there i wouldnt want a plastic roof that could be cut through. i used 2″ thick ply with sheets of waterproofing. then the waterproof covering on that. works a treat for dampness as the wood keeps it out.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

good point about plastic roof 😐

not sure if I will be keeping bikes in there as they safely locked down in garage, it’s just a dead space crying out to be shedded 😀

alpinestar
    Free Member

cant beet a new man cave for fettling the bike in. one good point of a plastic roof is free light during the day saving on electric bills. didn’t put windows in mine i built for security but have to use the lights when ever in there working. energy saver light bulbs are shite btw. get some old ones that work lol.

Taff
    Free Member

The plywood as said by alpine star and then a waterproofing layer like the wickes bitumen sheeting. Just make sure if you insulate it to insulate it all

valleydaddy
    Free Member

cheers for the inputs so far, does anyone have any pics they can share (or email me) of sheds made between a house and garage or similar to give me some more ideas please?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shed advice’ is closed to new replies.