Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Shearer! Toon!
  • lister

I know we are bad, and will still probably go down but…we scored some goals and won a game! 🙂
    It’s not alot to ask for from a football team who haven’t won anything in my lifetime.

scaredypants

🙁

sc-xc

I was really hoping for a draw 🙁

Reluctant
    Free Member

Good result! And very happy for the Magpies. What are the chances of them staying up – what are their last games?

terrahawk
    Free Member

I was hoping the delusion would end tonight once and for all.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

rockin.. maybe a chance to stay up! went to school with shearer, weedy litle guy but cant knock him, he’s done a bit better for himself than me!!!

theotherjonv

Get in!

Sad to say but Owen’s not worth his place. Even at his peak he needed someone to set his chances up for him or give him rebounds to leap on(Sheringham, Shearer himself, etc.) But there isn’t the quality at N’cle now and he creates nothing for himself.

Martins in for the next two – like a bit black and white battering ram. Come on the toon!!

(now for the big game – can the mighty Royals overturn the Burnley lead tomorrow night!!)

lister

fulham at home then villa away last day…hard to see more than 1 point from those!
    hull have bolton and man u…

so tricky at the mo. not sure we deserve to stay up, but need to! or we’ll be the next leeds…

zaskar
    Free Member

LOL

boxelder

Can’t see ‘boro getting much from Villa or West Ham either.
    West Brom look most likely to get 3 points from Blackburn.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

When did ‘toon’ last win sommat?
    Why do their fans ‘deserve’ better??
    Good grief!!!

bigrich

what toxicsoks said.

e.g. Saints fans have been well and truly bummed by their club.

Mackem

Boo, FTM.

manitou
    Free Member

Booooooo .FTM

We’re right back in the poo now

Drac

Not a football fan but had the match on the radio last night at work and was reasonably enjoyable. Be nice if they stayed up as the loss of money can be fatal to clubs.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

FTM indeed, it’ll be just their spawny horrible luck to stay up on goal difference.

🙂

geoffj

I was really hoping for a draw 🙁

Me too!

Haze

That’s yer lot then – bottom 3 will stay that way…

manitou
    Free Member

Cant see us getting more than a point at Pompey and We’ll get nought from Chelski

trailmonkey

Feeling a bit sorry for Hull. Dropping into the bottom 3 with 2 games to go and can’t see them getting out of it. Like most folks, I’m hoping that Newcastle go down and then maybe the sense of perpetual delusion maybe lifted from the club and they might have a chance of moving forward.
    As it is, I reckon the three that are there, are the three that will go. Bit sad for me as I wanted all the Brum(ish) clubs up next season.

jamesca
    Free Member

and to think i was going to cancell satanta the other day, may well still go down but at least we’ve made a bit of a fight of it

nisbo
    Free Member

As a Boro fan I’ll kind of be glad when we do go down. It’s nice to be in the Prem’ and we’ve had some great recent success for an unfashionable team (2004 Carling Cup, 2006 Uefa Final etc) but increasingly it just seems to be a real miserable slog to try and just stay in the league and scrape the odd good result or run. One thing that irks me is the sheer number of expensive foreign players we keep ‘needing’ to buy in order to maintain this mediocrity – players that really don’t care much and don’t perform. Obviously we’ve had some great overseas players, but for every Juninho we’ve had far too many Alen Boksic’s. One of our best days (for me anyway) was the final game of the 2006 season – we lost 1-0 away to Fulham BUT 15 members of the 16 man squad that day were local lads born within 25miles of the Riverside. We have a great academy and dropping to the Championship will mean playing more of them and actually having a Boro team made up of home grown and born players.

Mackem

Bup. bump, bumpity bump

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

At least if they go down the number of black and white shirts that have sprung up from ‘well my family come from there’ types in hants and dorset in the last 15 years should decrease. Bit like Leeds and Blackburn when they were successful. Everton and city seem to be the latest re-discovered ‘teams i’ve always supported’. Leicesters popularity has just dramatically made a resurgence, unbelievably at the same time as their promotion, what a coincidence.

warton
    Free Member

Once again, Isn’t it great that the mackems are being so smug about being in 16th place. Maybe once they manage to remove that massive chip on their shoulder they’ll be able to move forward as a football club (and city)

trailmonkey

Once again, Isn’t it great that the mackems are being so smug about being in 16th place. Maybe once they manage to remove that massive chip on their shoulder they’ll be able to move forward as a football club (and city)

Oh, the irony.

roundwheels
    Free Member

if carling made football team they wouldnt have made newcastle hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

this thread should be renamed shearer doon 😆

lister

fair play on the bump, we were awful and look deserving relegation candidates.

blimey, and the football didn’t even make it onto my poo sunday thread!

iamtheresurrection

Out of the 50k or so that fill Sid James, about 30k are normal dour football fans who share a lifetime of mediocrity with us lot down the road. The other 20k are stupid knackers, who always seem to be the ones in front of a camera making a great soundbite for the media.

Newcastle easily have the highest number of pricks supporting their team. I feel sorry for the 30k or so normal fans who’d quite happily go about supporting Newcastle under the radar.

Absolutely hope they get relegated for a season. Wonder if the Bigg Market gets smashed up again (not that it really shows)…

FTM.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Shearer! Toon!’ is closed to new replies.