Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sheared Maxle Lite lever…
  • sheeps

Putting my front wheel in this morning and tightening up my Maxle (v2) the pin holding the lever on sheared.

Looks like the pin is held in with a rivet. Anyone else had one shear? Are there any alternatives to the Maxle?

Fortunately managed to bodge a bolt through it to get me a ride round Dalby, but now I’m looking at £30 plus to replace it (just having replaced the v1 with a now knackered v2)

kayak23

How old?
    I got a Maxle replaced under warranty on my less than 2 year old Revs.

sheeps

The Maxle is only 6 months old… I’ll try Rochshox then. Ta

burt
    Free Member

Mine did that. Couldn’t remember where I bought it so binned it. Very annoying, it’s a poxy little pin holding it together.
    Got a maxle stealth now, much better.

garage-dweller

I also have a Stealth but the one downside I find is that it binds when trying to get it undone and it needs a spot of welly! So if you do buy one don’t rely on a flimsy trail tool to get it out mid-ride.

Burt if you have a cure for that please post again!

burt
    Free Member

Not had a problem with it binding to be honest. I do grease it up well though. So far I’ve not had to undo it out on a ride.
    Ha that’s jinxed it 😀
    I did it up with a torque wrench a couple of times to get a feel for how tight it needs to be and it’s not as tight as you’d think

ChrisL

This happened to my Maxle Ultimate recently. Currently it’s with the LBS as a warranty claim.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sheared Maxle Lite lever…’ is closed to new replies.