• This topic has 350 replies, 101 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 351 total)
  • she does it right
  • bellefied
    Free Member

crikey – Member

I’d like my daughter to feel that she can walk down our street with being asked if she wants shagging, if that’s ok?

Of course that’s ok – do you really think we are all now going to go out and molest your daughter after seeing that video? What kind of bloke are you if that video has that effect on you??? It certainly doesn’t have that effect on me.

sangobegger
    Free Member

Tried to see it via the link and found that Vimeo have temporarily barred me. Am I a bad person?

crikey
    Free Member

What kind of bloke are you if that video has that effect on you???

You’re the kind of bloke that lives in a society where thinking of women as tits on a bike is acceptable, presumably.

Like I said, there is a spectrum, this way of thinking about women is at one end.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Love people saying how bad she is on a bike. It could be read that there’s an element of jealousy there.

cinnamon_girl

I haven’t been putting forward my point of view, just other ways of looking at it.

Until such time as blatant sexual behaviour is removed from the TV, internet, magazines etc., then things won’t change.

D0NK

The difference is that it’s no longer men exploiting them and the women are in control.

that’s all well and good for katie, she’s made a mint out of it, but what about the knock on effects for all the other women?

This kind of small scale, low level grinding sexism and misogyny is one end of a spectrum that sees women considered as less than people, as objects and so on.

Now I don’t know much about psychology n shit so I dunno if this sort of titillating stuff does lead to the objectification crikey mentions….it’s a worry tho.

<edit>

I haven’t been putting forward my point of view, just other ways of looking at it.

fair enough.

aracer
    Free Member

bellefied – presumably it’s not you he’s bothered about molesting his daughter. Sadly it appears there are such people.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

One thing no-one seems to have mentioned so far: sex sells.

The fact this is being discussed on here and various other forums, not to mention the vid comments, means that Gravity Mafia are probably getting loads of web hits.

I for one have now heard of them, which I hadn’t four days ago.

grum
    Free Member

Apart from anything else it’s not very sexy is it. The sexiest bit was when it briefly showed a bit of her face.

Just showed to the Mrs “she has a nice set” was the reply, not horror at the exploited.
    She did ogle over gee a lot though

My wife’s response was: not very impressed with the video, pissed herself laughing at the picture of Gee Atherton.

binners

Christ on a bendybus. I’m absolutely with Crikey on this. Not least because I’ve got 2 daughters. Though thats not really the point.

Some times this place…. well…. some of the people who inhabit it…. are so cringe worthily, toe-curlingly embarrassing. Like a sort of Ashes to Ashes, only with people so knuckle-draggingly stupid, they probably failed to realise it was meant to be ironic

Threads like this are utterly tragic!! Its not 1975 FFS!!! And this is just indefensible, misogynistic crap!

aracer
    Free Member

Love people saying how bad she is on a bike. It could be read that there’s an element of jealousy there.

Not from me – she’s a far better rider than I am, but then I could say that for quite a few women, some of whom I kind of know, and none of the others has felt the need to jiggle their breasts in a video AFAIK.

grum
    Free Member

Binners – typical hand-wringing Guardian reader (just like Crikey). It’s PC gone mad I tell thee! 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Apart from anything else it’s not very sexy is it.

+1 – can’t say I’m really into body parts in isolation.

crikey
    Free Member

Until such time as blatant sexual behaviour is removed from the TV, internet, magazines etc., then things won’t change.

Plus about 500 million.

We can start the change by not accepting this juvenilia, and by pointing out that it adds to the problem. I notice that the woman in question isn’t identified by name; empowerment my arse.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Apart from anything else it’s not very sexy is it. The sexiest bit was when it briefly showed a bit of her face.

One man’s Nuts is another man’s Erotic Review.

cinnamon_girl

It’s bought out the creeps on here, not that we didn’t know who they were anyway. 😐

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Does this sum up the past few pages nicely?

Average Company need exposure of average product.

Video of talented attractive woman doing ‘extreme’ sport with lots of cleavage. Cue knuckle-draggers dribbling, jealous riders whining and Guardian readers getting on their high horse.

Average Company gets lots of attention and exposure (pun not intended).

Keyboard warriors argue.

Average Company sell some more average products.

Everyone’s happy.

Have I missed anything?

cinnamon_girl

Actually, what makes me angry is reading the comments beneath that vid. Several times mention is made of jealousy cos a lone female had the audacity to question the purpose of the vid.

Seriously? Are those blokes just thick or what? Are they representative of the riding scene?

How about some of you chaps sign up and comment?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Average Company sell some more average products.

Everyone’s happy.

are a bunch of lame guys printing t-shirts going to sell more stuff?

Guardian readers getting on their high horse.

Wouldn’t read the hand wringing crap

aracer
    Free Member

I thought you’d all like to know that TJ is enjoying this thread 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I wish I could ride as well as her.

Junkyard
    Free Member

The difference is that it’s no longer men exploiting them and the women are in control.

Yes Jordan is indeed a powerful example of the emancipation of women and the Suffragettes applaud her efforts for women everywhere
    WHOOO ladies you are now free to get breast enlargements and show us your tits
    Feel the liberation and empowerment 🙄

With Binners on this and how this place is sometimes – of course the female form is attractive [ if you are that way inclined] but sometimes on here its like we are back at school – which was the 70’s for me

Its sad that we sexualise everything to this degree

wwaswas

I wish I could ride as well as her.

that was my overriding thought 🙁

I thought you’d all like to know that TJ is enjoying this thread

but can he name the brand being advertised 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

I can’t stand Jordan, but she’s made herself very rich. Who’s the fool? (I don’t mean you junky)

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

CG, it’s also worth bearing in mind a lot of those comments will be made by 14 year olds who are tough behind a keyboard in front of their Facebook mates.

I read some of them last week. FWIW I agree with Amanda on most of her points, but she’s gone in with a high-brow and aggressive ‘feminist’ approach that is easily mocked, and by comparison she’s preaching progressiveness in the deep south; it’s not a battle she will win easily.

The best thing she can do is not comment and not buy anything from the company, and persuade her friends to do the same. The vid will quickly fall off the radar, and will do even faster if there’s not an interesting argument happening in the comments section. There are other (and arguably better) ways she can make her point.

are a bunch of lame guys printing t-shirts going to sell more stuff?

You now know they exist. Multiply that by several thousand – chances are there’s going to be a few sales in that.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I thought you’d all like to know that TJ is enjoying this thread

😆

aracer
    Free Member

but can he name the brand being advertised

Well I can’t – not even after it’s been mentioned on this thread several times. I suppose I have at least worked out they’re trying to sell t-shirts. Doubtless it is effective for their target market though 🙁

cinnamon_girl

Interesting reading from the chaps here. 🙂

I completely understand the concerns of those who have daughters, having been through it myself.

In some ways it would be easier if youngsters didn’t have mobile phones that enable them to take ‘selfies’ and post up on Facebook etc. Now that is a worrying trend. 😐

mikewsmith
    Free Member

You now know they exist. Multiply that by several thousand – chances are there’s going to be a few sales in that.

Do I? it’s not really registered, I have heard of them in a facebook/social media drivel kind of a way before but nothing has inspired me to actually visit their page.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

But really I can’t see how that is any more “sexual” than the infamous polish cyclists’ shorts. Distracting (she is a good rider), slightly surreal yes, but sexual. Hardly.

Men and womed have wobbly bits, They (the wobbly bits) don’t always look good in cycle kit. In fact they generally look bizarre when riding along – seen the close ups of a TdF stage finish with male genitalia wobbling all over the place? Not exactly erotic is it?

As I said before, bizarre video all round.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Do I? it’s not really registered, I have heard of them in a facebook/social media drivel kind of a way before but nothing has inspired me to actually visit their page.

But would you consider yourself their target market? For argument’s sake I am going to assume that you don’t consider yourself to be, but yet you’re still talking about it?

I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with the video, but I am trying to say is that the more it’s argued about the more successful it is as a marketing device.

wrecker
    Free Member

I quite like their “Man up” T shirt, be perfect for the gym (bit of self motivation).
    Some of their Tees are a bit childish; “69; the perfect ride” isn’t something I’d wear.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with the video, but I am trying to say is that the more it’s argued about the more successful it is as a marketing device.

Probably for the 24hrs that it circulates on facebook, it’s not going to make anything more, it’s not promoting a product etc. It’s a one off thing that has no strategy, I doubt they have an actual plan beyond TITS=COOL=MONEY if they do expect vid/social media strike 2 shortly to maybe tell us what they are about or what they want to sell. This (and I am a part of it) is now internet arguing which doesn’t do much. Maybe it will make it to the 100 weird/creepy/boobs videos on channel 5 at 11pm on a Tuesday when the extended coverage of darts gets canned. By which point the kids who were selling stuff with screen prints on it are now working in proper jobs or signing on.

aracer
    Free Member

Have now read the comments, and this one stood out – chapeau Chris Frewin

I’m confused.
    I like to see MTB videos.
    I like to see female riders getting a chance in MTB videos.
    I like boobs.
    However you put all these ingredients together and the final product is far less than the sum of it’s parts.
    Perhaps the two subjects don’t cross over that well?
    Perhaps it’s just a way to attract traffic and views, in which case it’s a pretty cheap trick.

Northwind

cinnamon_girl – Member

Seriously? Are those blokes just thick or what? Are they representative of the riding scene?

God no! Video comments bring out the worst, one of the laws of the internet.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Some of their Tees are a bit childish; “69; the perfect ride” isn’t something I’d wear.

Sounds like they’ve got some good going out wear. A couple of other classics I’ve seen being worn out in town.

cinnamon_girl

That first one is just pathetic. Actually, offensive too.

wl
    Free Member

+1 cinnamon girl. WTF? Embarrassing.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl – Member
    That first one is just pathetic. Actually, offensive too.

Just like the people who wear them!

Houns

No one remembers the Rox t shirts then?

Wanna ride my chopper anyone?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 351 total)

The topic ‘she does it right’ is closed to new replies.