• This topic has 350 replies, 101 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 351 total)
  • she does it right
  • emsz
    Free Member

words fail me to be honest. 🙄

Jamie
    Free Member

What about Gee? Should we condemn him also?

Yes.

To those who think what Gee did was really great, go and ask your husbands what they think. Then ask your Dads. Then think about the way you’d like your sons to be viewed.
    I’d like my nephews to amount to more than a pair of balls on a bike, maybe I’m too fussy.

cinnamon_girl

I’m curious as to whether the other girlies on here think Gee looks hot?

emsz
    Free Member

one of my mates loves Dan, but not Gee so much. 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

Dan>Gee.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Whats the fuss on either side? So a woman’s breasts bounce when riding a bike – there’s a shock. How is that either titillating (sorry unintentional, but too good to edit) or annoying/disgusting. When will we get over this kind of stuff???

vickypea
    Free Member

I don’t get who the advert is aimed at anyway. You wouldn’t want your boobs jumping about like that while riding a bike!

Northwind

Lovely bike.

bearnecessities

I don’t get who the advert is aimed at anyway.

Exactly, it’s just a joke?!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Whats the fuss on either side?

using a womans body to sell stuff- look some bouncing tits buy this. Granted its not new but its not the height of humanities achievements either

fourbanger
    Free Member

She most certainly does not do it right… Gloves before helmet. It’s got my OCD going.

ps44
    Free Member

Still a great tune though.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m curious as to whether the other girlies on here think Gee looks hot?

Phhh. Never mind the girls, even I think he’s schmokin’ !

Northwind

Pff, everyone knows Dan’s the hot one of the family, he’s dreamy. Gee does have lovely hair though.

Wait, what the hell did I just type? Better say something about boobs.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So why shove a camera down there and make it the feature of the entire video? When will we get over this? probably in the next couple of centuries at this rate.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

A better style than just about everyone I see riding bikes. The boobs are just a bit of a laugh. Lighten up people!

ART

Comment from my missus: she needs a sports bra.

She also said she was annoyed, because it looked like she could ride pretty well, but the tits made her hate the video.

This.

spockrider
    Free Member

Yuk! thinking of all the bugs that get trapped in the cleavage in mid summer. Wish they’d shown the real side of riding with a bit of tit to the wind instead of this trail side cheese fest. 🙂

boxelder

Can she really not ride back up the hill?

collinstiffee
    Free Member

I’d rather just see the cycling rather than the weird Sir Digby Chicken type chest cam

paladin

vickypea – Member
    I wish women wouldn’t lower themselves. Until men start riding without shorts on, women should cover themselves up in the name of equality

In the name of equality, surely women should wear whatever they like

ratherbeintobago

I’m with Crikey on this, too. When did casual sexism become acceptable again? Seems much more prevalent than five or ten years ago.

I’d like my nephews to amount to more than a pair of balls on a bike, maybe I’m too fussy.

I’m fairly sure women don’t go round ogling men’s parts…

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Some interesting points about the exploitative nature of women used in cycle advertising.

Another good read is this

trout
    Free Member

Just a storm in a d-cup

Rorschach
    Free Member

Sod the boobage….that’s some truly terrible editing right there.

aracer
    Free Member

Personally I didn’t get it – didn’t really find that in any way titllating. Surely I’m not the only one not to get that excited by some breasts bouncing up and down? Pointless.

billytinkle
    Free Member

If it’s advertising then it has done its job. I doubt the video would have got more than a couple of comments on here without the boobs – hell, maybe it wouldn’t have even been posted at all.

carlphillips
    Free Member

@rbit

Err yeah they do, seen any sexist coke ads on TV lately? Casual sexism and I think it’s disgraceful, I hate the idea of women objectifying the male body, don’t they know we are Much more than That!
    I think some people should lighten up a tad!

aracer
    Free Member

If it’s advertising then it has done its job.

What was it advertising?

DezB
    Free Member

Have you lot seen the parallel thread under the video?

The makers:

MWM Associates 3 days ago
    Utterly overwhelmed by all your kind comments on the video. For those that like it, many thanks… for those that don’t, we apologise…. It was just a bunch of guys with a bit of time and kit, making a little old video for some friends who are trying to sell a few t’shirts… As for the star of the show.. she likes riding a bike…. purely for fun.. no practicing or competing… and trust me, is very comfortable with her sexuality and inner well being… anyway we are well into shooting the sequel, so keep a look out early December…….

Note: 3 days ago
    (Personally, I thought it was funny)

Houns

I found it funny and clever, taking the pee out of men/sex sells. She has great body and knows how to use it to lure us men.

Yes, I like boobies and they are just lovely

carlphillips
    Free Member

Just showed to the Mrs “she has a nice set” was the reply, not horror at the exploited.
    She did ogle over gee a lot though 🙂

cookeaa

Doesn’t really do MTBing an any favours IMO. Yes its harmless enough “fun” focussing on the contents of a woman’s T-shirt in an effort to flog said T-shirts to Blokes? I’m sure it’ll be a roaring success…

But then of course what’s the message it sends to women? That womens MTBing is fine so long as you’re not a minger, not too body conscious and happy to get your tits out for the lads?

I don’t think that will attract more female participation, if the woman in the vid loves riding why not focus on that? Yeah show her wearing the brand, fair enough if the activity requires some close cut clothing but focusing on the fun bags just helps to trivialize the idea of women riding mountain bikes.

When you do wander over to their website, it turns out “Gravity mafia” are yet another printed T-shirts, hoodies and jerseys outfit, hardly an actual mountain biking clothing brand, probably just another bunch of Graphics students with a couple of un-original ideas, doubt that they’ll be about for too long…

crikey
    Free Member

Yes its harmless enough fun

But it isn’t.

My wife gave up running in our local park because she got fed up and intimidated by men making comments about her breasts.

My daughter got fed up and intimidated by men making suggestions to her as she walked home from college.

This kind of small scale, low level grinding sexism and misogyny is one end of a spectrum that sees women considered as less than people, as objects and so on.

Like I said, ask your wives, ask your mums, ask your daughters what kind of effect this has on them.

Then ask yourself what it must be like to be a 14 year old girl in the back of a taxi, late at night, being taken to see the drivers ‘friends’.

It’s easy to pass it off as a bit of fun, it’s easy to say it’s harmless, it’s easy to be a small innocuous part of the problem rather than be a part of the solution.

cinnamon_girl

There’s a good number of women who’ve made a lucrative living out of ‘exploiting’ themselves. Katie Price for example.

The difference is that it’s no longer men exploiting them and the women are in control.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“When did casual sexism become acceptable again?”

When did sexism and natural attraction to the opposite sex get so confused?

cinnamon_girl

Good question buzz.

crikey
    Free Member

The difference is that it’s no longer men exploiting them and the women are in control

Some women appear to be in control, but the number who move on from being photographed naked would suggest that it ain’t all that as a career choice.

…and what about the women who aren’t in control?

I’d like my daughter to feel that she can walk down our street with being asked if she wants shagging, if that’s ok?

aracer
    Free Member

The difference is that it’s no longer men exploiting them and the women are in control.

How do you tell the difference?

bellefied
    Free Member

buzz-lightyear – Member

“When did casual sexism become acceptable again?”

When did sexism and natural attraction to the opposite sex get so confused? ^ this

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 351 total)

The topic ‘she does it right’ is closed to new replies.