Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Shaving ones legs….
  • Kryton57

So er what’s the best method, and how “high up” do you go?

Edric64
    Free Member

To the waist

mtbcoach
    Free Member

If you’re starting from scratch, get the clippers out first. Attacking that mess with a razor would be like mowing a lawn with scissors. Once you’re trimmed down, get in the shower and give it a once over with a standard razor. Preferably your wife’s. How high? Well, what are you going to be showing off? 🙂

Yak

As mtbcoach, but use some shave gel and a light moisturiser after.
    How high? Well a hair short that starts above the knee isn’t good 😉

Haze

Height according to how much time I have…quick Sunday morning shave before the club run, just above the gripper line…

Kryton57

Moisturise? Blimey this could cost me a fortune in Nivea for men…

I guess it’s inner thigh otherwise de robed I’d look like chewbacxa wearing shorts.

Yak

Cheap own brand lidl/aldi moisturiser ftw. It’s all the same.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Shaving? Veet FTW.

everyone
    Free Member

Careful how far up you go with that! Not sure I’d want to accidentally veet the vegetables…

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Why would you bother? Is it a fetish thing as it will not make you any faster that’s for sure – although I understand the removal of hair = reduced chafing (just not your shins)

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

It makes you feel faster. Well worth doing!
    Above the gripper if in a rush, full monty if have time on my hands (hardly ever)

Onzadog
    Free Member

Best way? Trim with clippers then baby oil massaged well into the legs. Get in a warm bath and shave them under water. Far far less irritating.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Apparently it does make you faster http://youtu.be/DZnrE17Jg3I

theotherjonv

Baby oil? Warm bath? Wife’s Venus razor? Do you have scented candles and a glass of Chardonnay too?

Can’t see how under water would work, surely the bubbles from the fizzy bath bomb* would obscure the view.

* not a euphemism, although next time I fart in the bath that will be my proclamation.

Grade 1 clipper to upper thigh for me. Stops me getting dangly leg winnits in the muddy winters as opposed to any aero benefit

glasgowdan
    Free Member

We should have a seperate perverts/roadie forum and keep this muck off the MOUNTAIN BIKING forum

kendo954
    Free Member

This forum never fails to amaze me…….

mrblobby
    Free Member

Have you cleared it with Mrs Kryton yet? 🙂

continuity
    Free Member

Why shave when you can wax and have it last the whole month!

zippykona

As a non roadie even I think hairy legs on a road bike look wrong.

paladin

Check the reviews on this stuff…… hair removal cream

mrblobby
    Free Member

That bloody Specialized test again! Potential to shave over a minute off a 25 or half a minute off a 10. That is huge and free. I wonder if Mrs blobby would notice?

Shame they didn’t compare it to long ribbed socks. Heard they are even better. Something to do with the way it trips the airflow I think.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’m sure Hora will be along in a bit to answer the ‘how high?’ element with ‘eyebrows’ as the answer 😆

njee20
    Free Member

We should have a seperate perverts/roadie forum and keep this muck off the MOUNTAIN BIKING forum

Sorry, where does it say mountain bike forum?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Not sure I’d want to accidentally veet the vegetables…

😳

Kryton57

mrblobby – Member
    Have you cleared it with Mrs Kryton yet?

No, I’m keeping it as a pleasant surprise. That’s why I’m doing it MrBlobby, I need all the help I can get when my TT bars arrive. 😯

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Sorry, where does it say mountain bike forum?

Singletrack World.

njee20
    Free Member

Mrs njee20 absolutely abhors it! I’m forbidden from doing it, let’s hope mrs Kryton doesn’t feel the same…

mrblobby
    Free Member

A pleasant surprise? It would take Mrs blobby about half a second to work out I’d done something she might not be pleased about 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Kryton, if you bottle it then things like skins or CEP knee high socks may actually be faster than shaved legs. Big in tri where they don’t have to worry about UCI sock height rules.

zippykona

Big in tri where they don’t have to worry about UCI sock height rules.

Someone had time to make a rule about sock length?

nickc

You were pissed last night weren’t you? 😆

MoreCashThanDash

Once worked in a gym with a competitive roadie. He had hair coming out the back of his collar but smooth legs. Unfortunately he stepped out the shower one day as I was in there, and he only shaved to the short line. Looked like a reverse furry skinsuit!

MrsMC doesn’t like me shaving my legs. Which is a shame as I quite like the feeling. Looks so much better in fishnets at the weekend.

duntstick
    Free Member

I ride a mtb with drops a lot at the moment, kind of roadie in training. Decided I had to get the guard off the clippers as a hair reduction exercise all over for summer, as 47 years worth of growth is all a bit much. I’ll not be going for the full on veet sheen though.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Old school Gillette double edged razer and cheapy Tesco blades (£1.50 for 10), replace ’em every other time. Trim my pubes with the beard thingy on an old electric razer, never shave there as the stubble is harsh when it comes back and can irritate the shaft depending on how it’s situated in your bibs 😯 there’s a race I’ll never forget…

No need for moisturiser, just use the Mrs’ fake tan, added bonus is it makes you look like you’ve been on a winter training camp 😉 you’ll have to ask your better half for advice on how to achieve a streak free tan though…and don’t grab the stuff with added shimmer/glitter…ahem…

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Be a man and admit you don’t do it ‘cos it makes you faster, you do it because it makes you feel sexy!!1! 😉

MoreCashThanDash

Lol @ monkeyfudger and the irritation 😳

dazh

I raised this subject with Mrs Daz once and she laughed and said she’d mercilessly take the p*ss out of me and tell all my mates. It’s never been raised again. To be honest I can’t even be arsed to shave my face so increasing the surface area twentyfold probably isn’t a good idea.

TiRed

Epilation and a suitcase of courage. Veet shower removal cream if the suitcase is locked. Forget shaving and go for the source. No higher than the short grippers.

mrblobby
    Free Member

No higher than the short grippers.

May look a bit funny when I take my boy swimming.

Yak

increasing the surface area twentyfold probably isn’t a good idea.

Ah, but face is like delicate cutting in and legs are like rollering. Bigger area, same time

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Shaving ones legs….’ is closed to new replies.