Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • shaving bone off arthritic joints?
  • ton

anyone had it done.
    I have a arthritic growth on my right ankle. huge lump of bone sticking out, causes a bit of pain when walking, but not on the bike. Dr says I may have to go in for it shaving, sooner rather than later.

anyone?

willard

Get pictures…

trambler

Had a big toe joint done last year, massive improvement in movement and less pain, however has highlighted an issue in the long toe next to it. Overall I’m pleased with the result, easy to forget the pain and problems buying footwear etc.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Who`s doing it ? can I have a go ?

ambientcoast
    Free Member

Rockape63
    Free Member

I had a big toe joint done a few yeas back that was seizing up and getting very painful. The surgeon reckoned it was caused by a previous trauma which I put down to beach volleyball some years before.

Anyway it was bloody painful for a few weeks after and took six weeks before the pain was less than before the op. 4 years later it’s all okay but the movement is 50% of the opposite joint.

spence
    Free Member

Had a bone spur removed from my shoulder (Arthroscopic Subacromial Decompression), three small holes; one for the camera (got photos somewhere)one for the grinder and one for the vacuum cleaner. Sore for a couple of days and some physio and been fine ever since, before it was very painful raising my arm past 45o as well as riding with shocks going up my arm.
    Have it done.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘shaving bone off arthritic joints?’ is closed to new replies.