Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Shaun Ryder…he really is a legend ;-)
  • lister

I’m watching too, and not swearing either!

From the shaking corpse on the extra bits of ’24 Hour party people’ to now has been an amazing change.

Saw him last month in Brum supporting the Charlatans and he and his band were stunningly good…

He’s a national treasure now!

Hohum
    Free Member

It’s a Shaun vs Stacey final!

wrightyson
    Free Member

What the chuff?? How come my post got removed?? This forum is starting to suck balls!

h4muf
    Free Member

I hope he wins 😀

Zedsdead
    Free Member

he and his band were stunningly good…

They always were live!

I watched him at T in the park around 1999 and he was the best act by miles…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Stacy’ll win just because more of the sort of people who will vote know her more than some 80s ‘pop’ star.

And to be fair, she is a gem really. They are both FAF.

binners

The man is a god!

I watched it when a big snake sunk its fangs into his hand. It took two blokes to prize its jaws off him. He just stared at it while whispering firmly that he was going to rip its ****ing head off. Double hard!!!

And how can you not love a man who wrote the best opening line ever

Son I’m thirty
    I only went with your mothr cos she’s dirty

binners

They always were live!

They usually were. I saw them loads of times. but when they headlined Glastonbury, they were bloody awful. Apparently they’d just flown in from Amsterdam. It was never going to be great 🙂

GW
    Free Member

that Glasto gig was great!!

Were you there too Binners?

remember Bez’s face when the streaker approached him? 😆

binners

It was a top gig GW. But not their finest hour musically. Some of us got in on Happy Mondays guest passes. Which their mates were flogging outside 🙂

My favourite Mondays gig was the ‘Match of the Day’ do they did at Elland Road. A quality day out

twohats
    Free Member

They always were live!

They usually were. I saw them loads of times. but when they headlined Glastonbury, they were bloody awful. Apparently they’d just flown in from Amsterdam. It was never going to be great

I remember seeing them support New order at the Gmex in 1988 and the whole crowd booed them they were so shite.

GW
    Free Member

their mates

yeah, sure they were their mates … just like all the Manc scallys that spend the entire festival ripping punters off in the carparks each year. 😉

I was always been lucky enough to have had access all areas (VIP etc.)pass at glasto..

binners

Ooooooooooooooooo get you! 😀

just like all the Manc scallys that spend the entire festival ripping punters off in the carparks each year.

from my recollection it was the scousers who had that particular avenue covered 😉

theotherjonv

Ant and Dec were quite funny over the snake incident. ‘That snake with a belly full of Shaun Ryder’s blood now has a street value of £600’

samuri
    Free Member

yeah but stacey’s got a much better pair of knockers.

Del

😀

MrNutt
    Free Member

I was there, don’t really remember a great deal, all a bit of a haze

markfu
    Free Member

lister – Member

I’m watching too, and not swearing either!

From the shaking corpse on the extra bits of ’24 Hour party people’ to now has been an amazing change.

Saw him last month in Brum supporting the Charlatans and he and his band were stunningly good…

He’s a national treasure now!

I was also at that gig, and i thoroughly agree, Ryder for leader of the Revolution, Halelujah.

duntmatter
    Free Member

from my recollection it was the scousers who had that particular avenue covered

Yep.

Ryder = Ledge

lister

And, bizarrely, he appears to be a proper gentleman when it matters.
    I always thought that he was probably a bit of an unpleasant character who had been responsible for some damn fine tunes.

But the way he didn’t want to be in shot when Stacey won was genuinely nice.

Hopefully Pills n Thrills will sell a few extra copied this chistmas, should keep the taxman happy for a while.

Step On for christmas number one anyone? 🙂

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Ah, Elland road, first white dove. Ace. Step On felt like the ground was shaking.

plumber
    Free Member

Shaun isn’t a legend in any shape or form

Merely a mascot for the drug addled to focus their confusion on.

Actually he’s a complete ****. Same as a million manc idiots that you really wouldn’t want as a neighbour

or something innit

Plum

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Baws!

RustySpanner

He’s not from Manchester.

He’s from Little Hulton, which although philosophically is in Salford, is geographically nearer to Bolton than to Manchester.

Never, ever, talented or intelligent enough to be a Mancunian.

juiced
    Free Member

don’t forget Shauns Black Grape (awesome) album – not just Pills, Thrills and BellyAches.Wasn’t expecting him to be such a nice guy, although anyone who’s best mates with Bez must be sound.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

She deserved to win though – he seems a nice enough guy, but she appears to be even nicerer – not a malicious thought appears to cross her mind. Good on her.

yunki
    Free Member

It was great to see Mr Ryder get a chance to demonstrate his character on TV after years of growly incomprehendable public appearances..

From what I saw.. he is a charming bloke with a lot more depth and gravitas than the vast majority previously assumed.. maybe all those biographies weren’t quite so full of sycophantic guff as I imagined..

I think it’s great that the misunderstood wayward van rental tycoon finally got a chance to shine..

PJM1974
    Free Member

I expected Shaun Ryder to be quite unpleasant, but he came across really well. A colleague of mine knew him reasonably well in the ’90s and says that he really is quite a sound bloke.

Good for him I say, I’m a huge fan of the Mondays too.

Admiralable
    Free Member

Shaun isn’t a legend in any shape or form

Merely a mascot for the drug addled to focus their confusion on.

Actually he’s a complete ****. Same as a million manc idiots that you really wouldn’t want as a neighbour

or something innit

Plum

Southerner Plum?

I bet most of the camp mates probably were suprised at how much of a nice bloke he actually was. I though he was hilarious for most of the program. He looked genuinely gutted to not win as well but gracious in defeat.

And yeah Stacey has a great pair of knockers!

dr_death
    Free Member

She deserved to win though – he seems a nice enough guy, but she appears to be even nicerer – not a malicious thought appears to cross her mind. Good on her.

Fixed that for you…

juiced
    Free Member

lol.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

dr_death – Member
    Fixed that for you…
    POSTED 12 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Don’t agree actually – she held herself in arguments but perhaps she is a bit dipsy.

And Gillian had a great pair of knockers too…

Dom and Shaun.

🙂

trailmonkey

i thought that she was very intelligent. i loved the way she took the wind out of dom jolly’s inflated sails with his elitist musings on the elevated status of ‘literature’ over the popular press.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Shaun Ryder…he really is a legend ;-)’ is closed to new replies.