Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Shaun Keaveny
  • rascal
    Free Member

I know it’s been done before BUT I’m forced to listen to his inane drivel as the rest of the office like to listen to 6 Music. Has there ever been anyone who loves the sound of his own voice more than this bloke? A-hole.

wallop

He’s growing on me. I have a radio alarm clock which comes on at 06.30, so I get 30 minutes of Chris Hawkins before Keaveny kicks in for a few minutes before I get up. Keaveny just mumbles, so I don’t hear the drivel but he does play good tunes.

*random ‘celeb’ fact* On another note, I discovered that Chris Hawkins is married to Claire Nasir, that weather person who was “caught” looking not brilliant in her bikini in a park, shortly before going on to release a fitness DVD…

fasthaggis

OP

You are starting to sound like Hora

hora
    Free Member

Lucky OP. My office like Radio One. Its like groundhog day…daily.

A vapid, repitive and souless radio station.

onehundredthidiot

What annoys me about him is, it’s called 6music. He talks way too much.

Kryton57

LBC for the win, Steve Allen cheers me up in the mornings. Dry but funny.

zippykona

I wish he would **** off .

hora
    Free Member

Must admit playing that stupid palm music ditty crap daily makes me want to do unspeakable violence.

That and his dull voice stop the office wanting radio6.

Thanks to him ‘radio6 is depressing’ apparently

CountZero

I just tune out his inanity, and as he has a tendency to talk off-mike, that’s not too difficult. Just remember, it could be much, much worse.
    It could still be George Lamb, or God help us, Moyles. 😡

Coyote
    Free Member

XFM in morning FTW.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Has there ever been anyone who loves the sound of his own voice more than this bloke?

Don’t remember Chris Moyles on Radio one then?!

He’s starting to annoy me too now, which is a shame as the rest of the day is usually quite good (compared to anything else on BBC, I refuse to listen to commercial radio as radio adverts are the most annoying things in the world, especially when you hear the same advert umpteen times an hour).

Rorschach
    Free Member

In no particular order I would like
    Huey
    Frankie Boyle
    Huey
    Mark Lamar
    or Huey
    (*I also think Huey is a bit of an arse…but he places some splendid tunes)

wallop

Also Huey said “shit” on the radio a few weeks ago and it was funny.

kevin1911

I like him actually! He doesn’t take himself seriously, unlike a few other 6music presenters. I find Steve lamacq to be the most boring person ever though.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I agree with Kevin, Lamacq talks about music far too seriously to the point it’s boring. It’s like he is passionless about something he is clearly passionate about and the way he interviews kids is creepy.

lodious
    Free Member

His show today was absolutely atrocious, even he sounded bored by it. He should move on…there must be plenty of people who would be happy to have a breakfast slot on 6 music and do something good with it.

On the plus side, Guy Garvey and Iggy Pop yesterday were class 🙂

andcarson
    Free Member

Steve wright on radio 2 makes me want to throw myself out of the car at speed. He is such a heinous dick.

marthall
    Free Member

Keaveny’s tunes are good but he waffles too much and embarrassingly his accent is starting to get on my tits…. It’s embarrassing because I’m also from Leigh (or “frum Lee” as he/we say) Compared to Lamacq he’s a god though!

CountZero

King-ocelot – Member
    I agree with Kevin, Lamacq talks about music far too seriously to the point it’s boring. It’s like he is passionless about something he is clearly passionate about and the way he interviews kids is creepy.

I guess you missed the bit that involved 6Music being set up as a specific music station, with presenters who had an involvement and wide knowledge of music?
    You’ll be pushed to find anyone in radio who has spent more of his life in and around music.
    And as for “…and the way he interviews kids is creepy.”, what kids would those be? And creepy? I really think you are being more than a little Daily Mail, here; I suggest you develop a sense of perspective.

neilwheel
    Free Member

I often find myself thinking this station is called 6Music not 6ChatALoadOfShiteAndThenGushABit.

He often has children on and yes he does come across as creepy, at least we have Tom Raisencroft today.

choppersquad
    Free Member

I like Keaveney.
    He’s quite funny and rides a bike.
    Sounds OK to me.

cheers_drive

Be thankful for what you’ve got. Yes he’s no Phil Jupitus but thankfully he also not George Lamb.

zippykona

He really is crap. You kind of get out of the habit of listening to the rest of 6.
    I tune in to see if the scumbag is on holiday (he rarely is, its as if he knows that anyone could stand in and be better than him) then tune in to NPR and leave it there.
    Shame, he is killing 6.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

When I tune in upon a morn I don’t wish to hear some blundering half-wit digesting his breakfast and telling me what a crap job he does when it is so blatantly evident.

“Great”

“SHUT UP!!!!!!!”

redstripe
    Free Member

Put radio 4 on until he’s gone at 10am (apart from thought for the day at 7.50am of course)

bikebob

Any body, absolutely anybody is better than Tony Blackburn. He literally makes me cringe.
    Ahhh I feel better for that. Sorry to hijack yor post.

STW therapy.

neilwarne
    Free Member

Shaun Keaveny used to be OK, but now he’s just a jackass (and has been for about four years now). He spends far too long waffling on and doing silly accents. I’ve migrated to Planet Rock in the mornings: curiously I drift between Radio 4 and Planet Rock depending on what room I’m in.

rascal
    Free Member

Glad to see I wasn’t on my own then 😉

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Sounds to me like he enjoys his own show far more than any of the listeners, as for his comedy, reminds me of pissed up relatives trying out gags and impressions at Christmas, painful

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Shaun Keaveny’ is closed to new replies.