Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sharm el Sheikh resort..
  • bedwasboy
    Free Member

Hi,I’ve booked a week off end of March and was looking for a much needed week in the sun. Anyone know of any hotels with swimming pools suitable for some swim training and maybe snorkelling nearby? I’ve looked on the usual travel sites but no luck. Thanks

nickjb
    Free Member

Just swim in the sea. It’s usually calm. Snorkeling is a bit average close to the hotels. Fantastic when you get a bit further away by boat. Dahab is nicer IMO. Might be worth a day trip, good snorkeling off the beach there.

dereknightrider
    Free Member
    bedwasboy
    Free Member

Thanks for that Derek, it’s not like I don’t already have a phobia about swimming in the sea!! 🙂

Jason
    Free Member

I stayed at Sea Gardens in Nabq Bay last summer. The snorkelling is really good off the house reef. I have dived all over the Red Sea, and was more than happy to spend an hour or so a day floating around looking at the reef. Sea Gardens is part of a three hotel complex, while some of the pools are pretty long (50m+) they aren’t designed for proper swimming, you would most likely be constantly avoiding people.

This year I going to Marsa Alam and staying with at a hotel with an apparently really good house reef and a proper Olympic sized training pool. LTI Akassia Beach. The downside is there is only one flight a week to Marsa Alam, or you can fly to Hurgada, and take a 2hr transfer.

Monster101

i would second Nabq bay, Coral Sea Resort is nice and has a training pool as well as free form. House reef along the walk way is tremendous. They also have a dive school on site, Aquarius. They are cheap and good.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Sharks! It’s ISIS you want to be concerned about

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sharm el Sheikh resort..’ is closed to new replies.