Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Sharing my surprise from my daughter this morning
  • rob2
    Free Member

Making breakfast this morning and my 2 year old daughter was in the other room.

“daddy come here” she called

Went in the other room and she’d done a poo on the carpet and showed me it.

She was quite pleased with herself, pointing at it to show me Must nip that in the bud.

Is this common amongst children?! Is it just cause she is ready for a potty?

wwaswas

rub her nose in it.

[edit] alternatively set up a reward system that encourages her to use the potty…

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Lol. Sorry. I’m fully expecting this to occur in my house in the next couple of months.
    I’d say introducing a potty could help. For the future talk about how really happy you are when she tells you she needs a poo or wee and then start asking her (maybe before a bath, or before bedtime pjs) if she wants to try to go on her potty. Praise her for trying even if it’s only for a moment. (But no treats or over the top praise unless she actually goes)
    If you have more episodes on the carpet explain that once again you’re happy she told you and that you ALWAYS want to know (so she doesn’t feel she has to hide it leaving you a surprise), but that toilets/potties are the place for poos and she should go on it rather than the carpet where it makes an icky mess.

Harry_the_Spider

I wish my lad would show some enthusiasm for crapping anywhere but in his nappy.

He’s 3y 4m and can swim and ride a bike but won’t go on the potty.

akira

Her showing it to you is better than you finding it barefoot.

dazzlingboy

Daughter now 3.5 – about year ago went out into the back garden, pooed on the lawn, came back in and announced that she’d pooed on the grass just like the dogs.

avdave2

We’ve twins who were sharing the bath one evening when one launched a submarine. I still think the other is traumatised.

wwaswas

our boy used to poo in the bath quite regularly.

was ok unless he had bubblebath when the first anyone knew about it was when the offending item was scooped up in a jug and poured over his head.

You do get to know ‘that look’ of detachment and inward focus they get when about to produce something – then’s the time to get the sat on the potty/traingin seat on the loo.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Aah happy memories!

I can still remember yinn junior being quite exceited he did a poo in his pjs, which fell down the pj leg and rolled across the floor.

djglover
    Free Member

Yes, I explained to my 2 year old twins that if they needed a poo they should take their pants off and sit on a potty. That night one of them took her nappy off and curled one out on the floor, then shouted daddy daddy done a wee wee??! She still recounts the story of when ‘I did a poo and daddy cleaned it up with wipes’ and is really proud of herself! She also makes up wierd stuff about doing a purple poo outside in the garden!? On reflection it seems to be a minor obsession

theotherjonv

No such incidents for us, other than the time #1 daughter, aged about a year and a bit, managed to get her hands inside her nappy during afternoon nap in her cot. When we heard her making happy noises on the monitor we figured she was playing happily with her soft toys.

Unfortunately; when we got upstairs we found that the happy game being played was some sort of IRA dirty protest re-enactment.

konaboy2275
    Free Member

I found that leaving the door open when you go yourself helped, our little lad really keen to sit on his potty next to daddy in the bathroom and read his Thomas book whilst I read my ST mag, even if he didn’t do anything. Only prob is now he’s too big for a potty and demands the toilet when I’ve only got as far as the contents page…. He doesn’t seem to have a very good sense of smell either!

verses

No fecal amusement to share, but my daughter did make me chuckle (and her mum scowl) when she started singing “The wheels on the poo go poo-poo-poo…”

glenh
    Free Member

He doesn’t seem to have a very good sense of smell either!

lol

rob2
    Free Member

Excellent stories. IRA protest – class.

Mind you my mum found some dirty mags my friend gave me when I was about 14. I can still remember her look of disgust as she asked me why I had them!

TheFlyingOx

She also makes up wierd stuff about doing a purple poo outside in the garden!?

Beetroot? It does funny things.

Kip

😆

The funniest thread I have read for ages. I’m crying I’m laughing that much!!!

Baby Kip is only 9months so we have all this to look forward to.

chrispalmr
    Free Member

Laddie is 3yrs and regularly uses the pottie; for a while the difficulty was getting him to get off again. He’d happily settle down for a 20-30 minute session, usually as you were about to go out somewhere! I’d second the leaving the door open when you’re using the bathroom; there is also very little cuter than having him sit down next to you with his own copy of Singletrack; he likes to play ‘spot the bike on every page’.

We’ve introduced stickers and sticker books as an inducement/reward, 1 sticker for using the potty but 2 if he tells us he wants to use the potty ahead of time (still v. much the weakness).

As far as gross/embarrassing goes, that would be laddie recently prancing round the bedroom with a fully loaded nappy of pebbles which progressively ‘dribbled’ out of the leg cuff and rolled across the floor. We found/cleaned up all but one, which the dog cleaned up for us…

Dogs are disgusting 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Sharing my surprise from my daughter this morning’ is closed to new replies.